This discussion is closed.
Spider
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Does anyone here what the legroom/headroom of a mini is like? Is it suitable for tall people? I'm thinking of buying and oldish one for cheap ( under a grand ) so I can do it up. I doubt I'll keep the backseats. Cheers.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Spider)
Does anyone here what the legroom/headroom of a mini is like? Is it suitable for tall people? I'm thinking of buying and oldish one for cheap ( under a grand ) so I can do it up. I doubt I'll keep the backseats. Cheers.
Haha. Sorry but I watched the Simpsons a few days ago on Sky One, and that fat kid laughed at a really tall guy driving a beetle, and.........oh....I see now that this has no relevence but I thought I'd just give it a mention.
canuck
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well, when u buy an old one, prepare to learn some mechanics. I own a MGH midget, and im not driving it now because i need to replace a valve in the carb.

Fun to drive, little british cars really get the womern :cool: :cool:
Cate
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My Uncle had a cool brand new mini, there was plenty of room and he is 6ft 5 I think :eek:
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well to keep on the subject, my mate bought a mini and is doing it up completely, he's ripped out the whole interior and making all the enging look nice, waste of money in my opinion, but he seems dead keen on it. I don't know what the dimensions are.
noggin
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
you should get a blue one with a union jack on the roof. they are ace!
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I bought a mini convertible the other week. solves all problems. just drive with the roof down! (Oh and Im 5'11)
Spider
Rep:
?
(Original post by sublime_envy)
I bought a mini convertible the other week. solves all problems. just drive with the roof down! (Oh and Im 5'11)

Nah it's got to be a proper mini. :P
I'm planning to strip it down as much as possible, I'm not going to rip out the back seats so I can put huge speakers in ro anything like that. All I want is a mini that I can fit in comfortably, and goes treally fast too.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The old Mini's are fine until you have a crash. There isn't much there to protect you let alone crumple zones or airbags.
Spider
Rep:
?
(Original post by amazingtrade)
The old Mini's are fine until you have a crash. There isn't much there to protect you let alone crumple zones or airbags.

I can't believe I totally forgot about that! Oops.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (40)
20.83%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (46)
23.96%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (35)
18.23%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (41)
21.35%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (16)
8.33%
I haven't started researching yet (14)
7.29%

Watched Threads