Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

As a single guy am I OK to message more than one girl at the same time? Watch

Im 22 and have been single for a few years now mainly due to my last relationship ending badly and really affecting me. Anyway my confidence has plummeted since then and I'm trying to get my confidence back and try and meet a girl not necessarily for a relationship but just companionship and see what happens. I wouldn't say I'm bad looking im 6 foot 2 tall, blue eyes and toned from playing football and people say I have a natural ability to make people laugh.

Anyway there's a girl ive been talking to recently but she seems to have gone a bit cold on me and we dont speak as often as we did whilst at the same time a girl i went to college with has started popping up on my facebook rather often. So am I ok messaging both girls at the same time? Call me old fashioned but I dont want to be viewed as a womaniser?

ReputationRep:
    You can talk to as many girls as you want, you're single so why not?

ReputationRep:
    When I was 17 I would probably would have told you you were a really bad person lmao, but I'm 22 as well and know better now, so no I don't think it's an issue that you text two girls at the same time, it's not like you're in a relationship with either of them at the moment, so I'd say you're fine .

ReputationRep:
    As long as they are just casual conversations and a bit of barter it's fine. If one turns more serious just cool off texting the other.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with that

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with that but obviously if things get serious with any of the girls it's only right you let the other girl know the deal.

ReputationRep:
    As long as you aren't leading them on. As someone has already said, if it gets serious with one then you should cool it with the others - otherwise people could end up getting hurt, which is the last thing you want
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Completely fine. You arent misleading anyone and theres no exclusive commitment. If they ask and you start telling lies or being less than honest then you are crossing a line, but only if you are starting to go exclusive. I wouldnt worry and carry on as you are.

ReputationRep:
    OP is you're thinking about going "exclusive" on any of these girls at this stage first ask yourself this question. If either of those girls were on a night out and a good looking hunk asked for their number, would they refuse to give the number citing the reason as "i'm talking to another guy on facebook"?

ReputationRep:
    Girls do this all the time, they'll be talking to at least 2 guys at the same time and not putting their eggs in one basket. They'd be complete hypocrites if they got mad at you for doing the same thing

ReputationRep:
    Talk to as many as you want. Keep your options open, just don't screw those girls around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im 22 and have been single for a few years now mainly due to my last relationship ending badly and really affecting me. Anyway my confidence has plummeted since then and I'm trying to get my confidence back and try and meet a girl not necessarily for a relationship but just companionship and see what happens. I wouldn't say I'm bad looking im 6 foot 2 tall, blue eyes and toned from playing football and people say I have a natural ability to make people laugh.

Anyway there's a girl ive been talking to recently but she seems to have gone a bit cold on me and we dont speak as often as we did whilst at the same time a girl i went to college with has started popping up on my facebook rather often. So am I ok messaging both girls at the same time? Call me old fashioned but I dont want to be viewed as a womaniser?
    It's seen as odd if you don't these days mate.

Some even date more than one person to pick the 'right one'

I have messaged girls & boys (being bi) and it's hypocritical but would hate to know the same is being done by the person I'm pursuing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Screw them around, talk to hundreds at a time - be sure to ignore them whenever you want - mess with their minds and emotions and bang.

Sweet. Have fun.

ReputationRep:
    You can talk to as many girls as you like!
    Just be careful if you get serious with one of them. You dont wanna ruin that so make sure to take it easier with the other girls once you get jntk a relationship with one etc...
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    F***boy.

Jk, do what you want.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god I'm 22 as well. and Yea man you gotta keep your horizons open, the more the merrier.

(Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Talk to as many as you want. Keep your options open, just don't screw those girls around.
    Trust me I wouldn't screw anyone around, I've been screwed around myself and know how bad it can make someone feel.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with it, as others have mentioned if it get serious with any of them then you would start to cool it off with the others

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    It's perfectly fine.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.