Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heyy, so I'm picking Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Geography and was wondering how any of you guys found the subject? opinions?

How difficult is it and what did you do for each of these subjects to keep on top and achieve the grades you wanted?
    Any other advice that you think is important??

Any comments whatsoever would be great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoDoneWithSchool)
    Heyy, so I'm picking Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Geography and was wondering how any of you guys found the subject? opinions?

How difficult is it and what did you do for each of these subjects to keep on top and achieve the grades you wanted?

Hiya!

I've just finished AS and will be going into year 13 in September; I'm taking maths, chemistry, biology and physics at A-level so if you ever need a hand, feel free to message me.

In terms of geography I did take that as a 5th Alevel for a few months but keeping up 5 alevels with family things going on too wasn't easy so I've dropped it so I'm unfortunately not the best person to give advice on that one.

Do you know what exam boards you're on for chemistry, biology and physics because I can probably send some resources your way if you like?

In terms of difficulty I'd say I find chemistry the hardest in terms of understanding and biology hardest in terms of tests because there's a lot to remember. Physics I find pretty easy not that I've worked my butt of at past paper questions although I have to say, doing maths at alevel has definitely helped!

I'll give you a bit more info when you reply as to what exam board you're on but hopefully that's a little insight

Blake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blake Jones)
    Hiya!

I've just finished AS and will be going into year 13 in September; I'm taking maths, chemistry, biology and physics at A-level so if you ever need a hand, feel free to message me.

In terms of geography I did take that as a 5th Alevel for a few months but keeping up 5 alevels with family things going on too wasn't easy so I've dropped it so I'm unfortunately not the best person to give advice on that one.

Do you know what exam boards you're on for chemistry, biology and physics because I can probably send some resources your way if you like?

In terms of difficulty I'd say I find chemistry the hardest in terms of understanding and biology hardest in terms of tests because there's a lot to remember. Physics I find pretty easy not that I've worked my butt of at past paper questions although I have to say, doing maths at alevel has definitely helped!

I'll give you a bit more info when you reply as to what exam board you're on but hopefully that's a little insight

Blake
    Heyy,

Thank you so much for the reply and I think deffo take on the offer! Hope you won't mind me bugging you for some advice sometime

Annd I'm doing AQA for all 3 sciences

ReputationRep:
    I did chem bio physics and maths too like him^ have you not considered taking maths too? It may help with the physics and maybe some chemsitry. Chem exams are easier however the concepts are harder but when you get them you're sorted. Biology however, you think you know it but the exam requires a lot of skills as you need to relate the facts to new scenarios and statistics which is a bit harder despite easier content. Just keep doing papers and you'll be fine.
    Also for chemistry there are tones of videos on YouTube. I watched loads of past paper walkthroughs done by chem teachers and it helped so much..so give it a try.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helpmeoutplease)
    I did chem bio physics and maths too like him^ have you not considered taking maths too? It may help with the physics and maybe some chemsitry. Chem exams are easier however the concepts are harder but when you get them you're sorted. Biology however, you think you know it but the exam requires a lot of skills as you need to relate the facts to new scenarios and statistics which is a bit harder despite easier content. Just keep doing papers and you'll be fine.
    Also for chemistry there are tones of videos on YouTube. I watched loads of past paper walkthroughs done by chem teachers and it helped so much..so give it a try.
    Yeah YouTube and Khan academy have become my life in terms of A-Levels!
    Also, this website will become your best friend in terms of questions and notes/resources! http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoDoneWithSchool)

Hey, the only subject we shared is Chemistry and all I can say is that it will seem like a breeze and you think you'll know it and get cocky...that's what got me an E in it! Seriously study so damn much for this because you don't actually realise how difficult it is until it comes to past papers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blake Jones)
    Yeah YouTube and Khan academy have become my life in terms of A-Levels!
    Also, this website will become your best friend in terms of questions and notes/resources! http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/
    Thank you so much!
    Do you know any good websites for chem/biology?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.