ielts / toefl exams Watch

popitsa
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
hi i have been given a conditional offer by warwick. Once i receive tha required score the offer will be confirmed. I received a 6 overall score at ielts and 95 at toefl. Does anyone know whether i have any chances to be accepted! Please help me because there is little time remained and i am really stressed!!!!
Thank you :confused:
spark911
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What did the university require you to get?
maxhk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i think they require 7.0 or above, if i'm not mistaken.
popitsa
they require 7.0 or above...!
i was informed by a representative of them that if they really interested in my cv language score will nat be a problem...! i think though that he wasn't really informed...!
spark911
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by popitsa)
they require 7.0 or above...!
i was informed by a representative of them that if they really interested in my cv language score will nat be a problem...! i think though that he wasn't really informed...!
I suggest you phone the university.
popitsa
i have phoned them i have sent them an email too. i'm waiting for their reply. i'm very stressed....!
gina87
Report 11 years ago
depends on which course you are on really, they only asked me for a ielts 6.0 last year, bear in mind i do maths tho.
think for most of the courses in WBS and humanities they do ask for 7.0 and above.

also think that u can do ielts every 2 weeks or so now?so even u missed it guess u can still keep trying until end of Aug even early Sept, so dun worry
popitsa
i am on the programme personnel management. they require 7 or above. they told me when i called them that they didn't receive too...!
HALe
Report 11 years ago
I'm not sure how it will work in Warwick, but for most universities, if you get the academic requirement but not the required English score(and ofcourse English is your second/third etc. language) then you still get accepted but you have to take an extra English language class after school.
creative412
Report 11 years ago
i got 6.5 last time and i e-mailed them if they could accept. then they replied:

Thank you for your email. I am sorry to have to inform you that a minimum of 7.0 overall is required in IELTS to meet the English Language requirements for Accounting and Finance at Warwick. We will not be able to confirm your place at Warwick unless you meet all the requirements of the conditional offer made to you.

I attach for your information a list of English Language qualifications which we do accept.

Luckily i got 7.0 this time lol
fisheyes
Report 11 years ago
Don't be discouraged.
I got an offer from Warwick; I was required to get 34 IB Points (45 Points is Maximum)
Guess what, I missed the offer by three points (only got 31 points without bonus) but the status of my UCAS application changed to "unconditional" today I sent them an Email when I got my results and knew that I had missed it, but that was everything
I guess my recommendation and Pers. Statement helped a bit
popitsa
i don't know am i little bit desperate...! i don't think that they will accept me...! why did the status of your application change?
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
hi i have been given a conditional offer by warwick. Once i receive tha required score the offer will be confirmed. I received a 6 overall score at ielts and 95 at toefl. Does anyone know whether i have any chances to be accepted! Please help me because there is little time remained and i am really stressed!!!!
I have no idea about the tests, but judging from your post and the English I used to run into on campus I'd say you have a chance at least.
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i don't know am i little bit desperate...! i don't think that they will accept me...! why did the status of your application change?
Do you have any other English qualifications? They didn't even bother asking me for one as I had an IB diploma. Your profile says you study at LSE, if that is so maybe they will accept that as a qualification? Also, I think you can retake the tests if you don't manage them the first time.
Achiles
Report 11 years ago
hey there ive got the same trouble, i got 6 as well but they require 7 for MSc, so i tried again a week ago, now waitin for my results if i aint get 7 im gonna pi really pissed off. despite that illl try again in 2 weeks, thats really stressfull, anyway good luck mate
HALe
Report 11 years ago
Take another test again this week or next week, you still have chance.
People status change because they have registered with UCAS to send their exam results (eg: International Baccalaureate, A levels etc) to the regarding universities they applied to, when the Universities received the results and their results fulfilled the requirement, their status changed.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by gina87)
depends on which course you are on really, they only asked me for a ielts 6.0 last year, bear in mind i do maths tho.
think for most of the courses in WBS and humanities they do ask for 7.0 and above.

also think that u can do ielts every 2 weeks or so now?so even u missed it guess u can still keep trying until end of Aug even early Sept, so dun worry
so they don't mind if you hand in the results of the language test after the a-level scores come out?
I completely forgot to take mine...
popitsa
i graduated by the university and i have quite good a mark. i guess that this fact led them to offer me a place to their universities (lse, warwick,bath, manchester, aston). I have ended up to lse and warwick (it depends on the ielts score). By the way i have taken the proficiency of michigan. i don't know i think that they don't care about this, they only accept toefl and ielts. i took a week before ielts again and i'm waiting for the results, but i'm very stressed because there is almost no time left, so....! Anyway, i think that i will be able fullfil the requirements of the programme, but i guess that this isn't enough for them...!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1114)
78.9%
Leave (298)
21.1%

Watched Threads