Turn on thread page Beta

Is Unikitout any good? Alternatives? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'll be studying at Sheffield this coming academic year, so there's this shopping ruckus at home. Heard of Unikitout, seems really convenient, especially for an international student like me, but is it legit? And are there any other similar websites?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Yes its convenient and yes it looks legit.

I have just looked at the prices and they seem expensive tbh.

If you make a list of the items you need, then I would buy the stuff myself and save 30-50% or more. I looked at the prices and didnt think they were good value.
    Sheffield has shops you know. Its a good way to get out and about.

Argos, Wilkinsons, Poundland, Poundstretcher, B&M Bargains, Home bargains, TJ Hughes.
    Ebay is also pretty good.
    If its only a year, then you only need stuff to last for that long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Yes its convenient and yes it looks legit.

I have just looked at the prices and they seem expensive tbh.

If you make a list of the items you need, then I would buy the stuff myself and save 30-50% or more. I looked at the prices and didnt think they were good value.
    Sheffield has shops you know. Its a good way to get out and about.

Argos, Wilkinsons, Poundland, Poundstretcher, B&M Bargains, Home bargains, TJ Hughes.
    Ebay is also pretty good.
    If its only a year, then you only need stuff to last for that long.
    Thanks, will keep it in mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssshah2)
    I'll be studying at Sheffield this coming academic year, so there's this shopping ruckus at home. Heard of Unikitout, seems really convenient, especially for an international student like me, but is it legit? And are there any other similar websites?
    Sites like that are legit, they just charge more than it would cost you a) because they provide the service of sourcing and sending out the products and b) they are a business so want to make a profit. It shouldn't take you more than a day absolute max to go to the shops and buy the things you need and it would be a good way for you to familiarise yourself with Sheffield, but ultimately its up to you if you'd rather pay instead.

ReputationRep:
    Guys I use them last year and correct the products are not cheap cos they are such good quality and the comforter is soooo cosy. Save me so much time so i'm happy.

ReputationRep:
    I looked at the items included in the basic full kit out and you can get all of what's in it for around half the price from a combination of Wilkos and Poundland

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JazSuth98)
    I looked at the items included in the basic full kit out and you can get all of what's in it for around half the price from a combination of Wilkos and Poundland
    Might be half price but they fall apart within a month - trust me i learned the hard way with wilkos
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by keironrichens)
    Might be half price but they fall apart within a month - trust me i learned the hard way with wilkos
    You made a new account just to say that hmmmm

If you know how to shop and recognise quality, then you can buy good products for less money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You made a new account just to say that hmmmm

If you know how to shop and recognise quality, then you can buy good products for less money.
    Haha yeah it's all a bit new to me, fresher fail

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 6, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.