username2817576
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I picked Alevel photography because I was interested in it but I want to know if they teach you how to actually use the camera first before having to do coursework? Also, I've been given homework for it already from enrolment. The task is to document something, every day and to avoid stereotypical responses. What is considered as a stereotypical response? How do I create compositionally similar images that can be presented together. I don't actually understand what is meant by compositionally similar. Ps. Do you think documenting the change of weather everyday is stereotypical?
Tej98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kayeen)
So I picked Alevel photography because I was interested in it but I want to know if they teach you how to actually use the camera first before having to do coursework? Also, I've been given homework for it already from enrolment. The task is to document something, every day and to avoid stereotypical responses. What is considered as a stereotypical response? How do I create compositionally similar images that can be presented together. I don't actually understand what is meant by compositionally similar. Ps. Do you think documenting the change of weather everyday is stereotypical?
I don't study Photography but friends of mine do and I work part time as a celebrity photographer In London. Gathering from the above, it's probably fair to say they would expect to see what you can already do on a camera and go creative with it bearing in mind the task at hand. To avoid a 'stereotypical response' your eye just has to find something unique from which you could potentially tell a story or document it from different angles/perspectives. I would suggest maybe forming a montage through either online sources or fusing them together on Photoshop (if you have it). Regarding the weather, yes that probably would be quite normal so maybe think outside of the box such as the movement of people outside a train station or a shop in the morning then again at night.

Hope this helps!
username2817576
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Tej98)
I don't study Photography but friends of mine do and I work part time as a celebrity photographer In London. Gathering from the above, it's probably fair to say they would expect to see what you can already do on a camera and go creative with it bearing in mind the task at hand. To avoid a 'stereotypical response' your eye just has to find something unique from which you could potentially tell a story or document it from different angles/perspectives. I would suggest maybe forming a montage through either online sources or fusing them together on Photoshop (if you have it). Regarding the weather, yes that probably would be quite normal so maybe think outside of the box such as the movement of people outside a train station or a shop in the morning then again at night.

Hope this helps!
Yes it does thank you and considering that the weather isn't a good choice due to there only being rain and sun everyday in the Uk haha. The task stated that I could do typologies as well if I wanted too and I have researched it. Typologies seemed to have mostly been photographs of buildings after periods of time. I still haven't decided what to do between rocks and flowers as there were hardly any typologies on these two objects therefore, I have decided to go with rocks, (just random rocks I think) and dying/blooming flowers and then see what I can make out of it later when I do the PowerPoint presentation. I don't know why I picked photography anymore I'm not actually that creative to be honest.

Once again thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (57)
17.27%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (93)
28.18%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (125)
37.88%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.33%

Watched Threads