Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I recently received my AS levels grades and they didn't go as well as they were supposed to. They came out as ABCC and I was predicted AABB. I won't go into a lengthy explanation but basically the college lost one of my exam sketchbooks and the other C grade came from an exam going wrong.

Anyway, I am applying to study Fashion Journalism at LCF, Fashion Communication: Fashion Journalism at CSM and Magazine Journalism and Publishing at LCC. I know it's controversial applying to several courses at one uni (I'm applying to Roehampton and Westminster for my final choices) but I decided to it regardless.

I'm really anxious that my grades won't be enough for UAL as I know its a competitive university. I'm just wondering if any current students would be willing to share their AS or A level grades so I can see where I stand. None of my courses require a portfolio so I can't rely on my work to enhance my application either.

Thanks in advance x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fashion-journey)
    Hey,
    I recently received my AS levels grades and they didn't go as well as they were supposed to. They came out as ABCC and I was predicted AABB. I won't go into a lengthy explanation but basically the college lost one of my exam sketchbooks and the other C grade came from an exam going wrong.

Anyway, I am applying to study Fashion Journalism at LCF, Fashion Communication: Fashion Journalism at CSM and Magazine Journalism and Publishing at LCC. I know it's controversial applying to several courses at one uni (I'm applying to Roehampton and Westminster for my final choices) but I decided to it regardless.

I'm really anxious that my grades won't be enough for UAL as I know its a competitive university. I'm just wondering if any current students would be willing to share their AS or A level grades so I can see where I stand. None of my courses require a portfolio so I can't rely on my work to enhance my application either.

Thanks in advance x
    Hey ‘fashion-journey’,
    it’s nice to see that I’m not the only person stressing about my LCF application for next year. I’m planning on studying Fashion Strategic Management which is a combined undergraduate and masters course.

Like yourself, I’ve received my AS results. I got AABD. I emailed the course leader (found on their site) and sought her advice. She encouraged me to drop the weakest subject and focus my energy on my stronger three A-Levels so I can devote my time into achieving their ‘potential’ offer which will only consist of three grades.

I am also in the same position as you, for I am planning on applying for all fashion business based courses at LCF and Westminster. I’m going to speak to one of their reps at the LCF’s open day next week to gain their opinions about this. I’m not sure about Journalism, but Fashion Business courses will not be interviewing this year, thus the course leader advised me to ensure my Personal Statement is strong and succinct in portraying my enthusiasm for the course. She also said that a work placement within the industry would make the application more appealing.

Good luck, I’ll be looking out for you in the future as the next Suzi Menkes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam.l.1998)
    Hey ‘fashion-journey’,
    it’s nice to see that I’m not the only person stressing about my LCF application for next year. I’m planning on studying Fashion Strategic Management which is a combined undergraduate and masters course.

Like yourself, I’ve received my AS results. I got AABD. I emailed the course leader (found on their site) and sought her advice. She encouraged me to drop the weakest subject and focus my energy on my stronger three A-Levels so I can devote my time into achieving their ‘potential’ offer which will only consist of three grades.

I am also in the same position as you, for I am planning on applying for all fashion business based courses at LCF and Westminster. I’m going to speak to one of their reps at the LCF’s open day next week to gain their opinions about this. I’m not sure about Journalism, but Fashion Business courses will not be interviewing this year, thus the course leader advised me to ensure my Personal Statement is strong and succinct in portraying my enthusiasm for the course. She also said that a work placement within the industry would make the application more appealing.

Good luck, I’ll be looking out for you in the future as the next Suzi Menkes!
    Thanks for replying! I discussed my grades with my progress tutor and he advised that I should resit media, so I'm going to do that and hopefully improve on the C grade. I've also emailed the course leader for fashion journalism (who is currently on leave) so she might have some additional advice.

I wish you the best of luck! Hopefully we'll both get there x

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
University of the Arts London resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.