Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have received my place on a masters level biological sciences course at the University of Birmingham, and am just wondering what the best method of revision is!
    Throughout a-levels I always made revision notes as I went along, would this be appropriate for degree level courses as well?
    I don't want to waste time on things I don't need to do, but I want to be as prepared as possible for the exams in summer.

Any advice from current uni students would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of different ways to revise depending on the person and your preferred method. My lecturers released their powerpoint slides just before each lecture, and i would add notes to them during the lecture itself and then copy them up later. Once I understood the material I would just re-read my notes every so often.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.