Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How many clubs, bars, pubs, how many people there?
    This is pretty important stuff!

ReputationRep:
    Lots and lots

Supposed to have the most bars/pubs etc per head of population in Europe or something (and i can believe).

Great nightlife

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyabbott)
    Lots and lots

Supposed to have the most bars/pubs etc per head of population in Europe or something (and i can believe).

Great nightlife
    I thought that was supposed to be Ware in Hertfordshire?

ReputationRep:
    is it?! I live in ware and there are def more pubs and clubs in Nottingham!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alivewoman)
    is it?! I live in ware and there are def more pubs and clubs in Nottingham!
    I used to work at Glaxo (when it was GW) and live in Ware - used to live in wickens wharf, by the station and next to the river. There might be more pubs and clubs in Notts, but there aren't more per head...

ReputationRep:
    wow, well that's something for my little town to be famous for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alivewoman)
    wow, well that's something for my little town to be famous for
    I liked Ware - remember getting rather drunk one saturday lunch time after watching the footie in the Bell - is that still there? then going off and bying some well dodgy video on Ware! (from Video Empire - is that still there? Narrated by Nigel Hawthorne! I still watch it when I need a giggle! Sad he died

I should jump on a train one week end and go and have a mooch around! Wonder if I could still blag my way into the Sports and Social Club! Ahhh! Happy (drunken) times!

ReputationRep:
    Having said that, my brother lives in Bingham, and Nottingham doth mostly rock! One of my fave cities in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    oh yes the bell and video empire are still there, but the bell has gone all swanky now, just like most of the other pubs in Ware! Give me Hertford any day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    How many clubs, bars, pubs, how many people there?
    This is pretty important stuff!

400 + in 1 sq mile in the city centre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    400 + in 1 sq mile in the city centre.
    Most are closed for 50% of the time Don't open weekends, close at 5pm during the week as only cater for the lunchtime trade.

There are 5 pubs within the sq mile that open both sat and sun at the weekend! 2 of those only open til 5pm!

There are also a surprising number of residents in the sq mile. The Barbican and Golden Lane alone house near on 5000 peeps...

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thankyou.
    Just making sure.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.