Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Could I apply to Bristol with a low UKCAT score or would that be an application wasted?

They are PS-heavy and only use UKCAT as 10% of the selection process; but what if my low score won't get me an interview? Like what if the 10% is used at the very beginning

ReputationRep:
    Still apply - they've only just brought in the UKCAT as part of the application (to be honest, I hadn't realised they'd already done it!) and when they sent us an email saying they were thinking of bringing it in, IIRC they essentially said it'd only be used as a deciding factor in case two applicants were just as good. It definitely won't be the first thing they look at!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aerialmedic)
    Still apply - they've only just brought in the UKCAT as part of the application (to be honest, I hadn't realised they'd already done it!) and when they sent us an email saying they were thinking of bringing it in, IIRC they essentially said it'd only be used as a deciding factor in case two applicants were just as good. It definitely won't be the first thing they look at!
    Thank you! A weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Thought I was doomed..

ReputationRep:
    HELP PLEASEJust did my UKCAT and did so bad 1870 so averages to 623!GCSEs : 6A*'s and 3A'sA level predictions: A* A A (maths, bio, chem)Work experience: GP's and attending home visits , week in a hospital + observing surgeries, 6 months part time at a care homeAnd I'm good for extra curricular.The only UKCAT university I'm really fussed about is St.Geogres but I think it's too low to apply. Any advice would be appreciated.I will do the BMAT as I want to go to Sussex.(I was in band 3 for situational judgement lol, but St.Geroges isn't looking at that this year. )

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if a score of VR - 520, QR - 740, AR - 640 and Band 2 in SJ in UKCAT is good enough for St Andrews, Birmingham, Bristol and Newcastle?? I have strong academics and English is my second language so that has undermined me in the UKCAT :'(
    GCSEs
    9 A*s + 1 A in Add Maths 6 A (4 of those came from a school where 26% of people get A*-C)

A levels
    A - Russian
    A* - Maths
    A in As Greek
    Predicted A*s in Further Maths, Chemistry and Biology

ReputationRep:
    Hey, can anyone offer any advice on where I'm likely to make interview?
    GCSE: 6A* 4* 1BUKAT: 623 avg (VR 570 AR 630 QR 680, SJT Band 1)AS: 4AA2 (predicted): A*A*A

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm really starting to panic on where I should apply to, I got quite low in my UKCAT (630 average total 1900) and my GCSE's are weak too (7 A's 3 B's) and my predicted grades are either AAA/A*AA, and I received a D2 for the Cambridge pre U qualification ( equivalent to A*) I have my heart set on medicine, i don't mind where i go but i just need a medical school.Any ideas?Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yas_barber)
    Hi, I'm really starting to panic on where I should apply to, I got quite low in my UKCAT (630 average total 1900) and my GCSE's are weak too (7 A's 3 B's) and my predicted grades are either AAA/A*AA, and I received a D2 for the Cambridge pre U qualification ( equivalent to A*) I have my heart set on medicine, i don't mind where i go but i just need a medical school.Any ideas?Thanks
    Have you considered UEA, Liverpool, Keele?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katy Harabajiu)
    Does anyone know if a score of VR - 520, QR - 740, AR - 640 and Band 2 in SJ in UKCAT is good enough for St Andrews, Birmingham, Bristol and Newcastle?? I have strong academics and English is my second language so that has undermined me in the UKCAT :'(
    GCSEs
    9 A*s + 1 A in Add Maths 6 A (4 of those came from a school where 26% of people get A*-C)

A levels
    A - Russian
    A* - Maths
    A in As Greek
    Predicted A*s in Further Maths, Chemistry and Biology
    For St Andrews and Newcastle no, but you have a chance at Bham, go and calculate your score on their website.. Id say apply to GCSE heavy unis like Cardiff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orangeflower6)
    Have you considered UEA, Liverpool, Keele?
    I'll have a look- thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.