Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I would really like to get a Christmas temp job this year because I really need to start earning some money and I wasn't able to find a summer job this year. How exactly do you apply for these? Are they advertised on websites such as Indeed.com or do you have to go on individual websites for places you'd like to work at/go into the store and ask in person?
    Also, when do places start advertising for christmas temp vacancies?
    I'm also looking for a part-time job atm but can't find anything that doesn't require you to be over 18, drive a car and have a year's worth of experience.

If you've had a Christmas temp job before, could you recommend some companies/places that take on A-level students?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessyjellytot14)
    Hi,

I would really like to get a Christmas temp job this year because I really need to start earning some money and I wasn't able to find a summer job this year. How exactly do you apply for these? Are they advertised on websites such as Indeed.com or do you have to go on individual websites for places you'd like to work at/go into the store and ask in person?
    Also, when do places start advertising for christmas temp vacancies?
    I'm also looking for a part-time job atm but can't find anything that doesn't require you to be over 18, drive a car and have a year's worth of experience.

If you've had a Christmas temp job before, could you recommend some companies/places that take on A-level students?

Thanks
    Places start advertising for christmas temp jobs any time around now, so its worth starting to look now to get in there early.
    Quite a few shops will have adverts in their windows- if they do, then it usually says on there how to apply (e.g. send in your CV or fill in an application form). Some can be found on sites such as indeed.com as well. It will usually say on there how to apply (such as apply through indeed.com).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.