Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am a Bangladeshi high school student doing A2 . We are following the edexcel system . After my AS marks came out I wanted to know my chances of getting into the top canadian universities like U of T, U of Waterloo, McGill, McMaster and UBC

My AS results -
    Chemistry 275/300,
    Physics - 272/300,
    Maths -378/400. Ill be continuing with all these subjects and will sit for AS Further Pure Maths too.

My IGCSE grades - 5A*(Physics, Chemistry, Maths-B,Further Pure Maths, Bangla) 2A (English Language-B,Accounting), 1B(ICT). I think I have met the english language requirements through my IGCSE grades. The B in ICT hurts a lot, will it affect my chances?

My ECAs however are very poor, I dont think I have any to present to the universities. I am going to try to do as many ECAs as possible, I have joined the school community, science, and debate club and might join the newsletter club too. I might also do a one month internship at a computer firm.

I am thinking of applying to electrical or mechanical engineering (track 1 for u of t though)

So what are my chances? I heard that grades matter a lot for canadian universities and that ECAs are not that important..

ReputationRep:
    dude
    my sister got like A's and B's in gcses and like really little A*s, and ABCC for AS, A*BB for A2, and she got into UBC, but she did have lots of ECAs. so dw your grades are really good and if you stay in all the clubs you joined then you'll have a good chance of getting into these unis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gameofno)
    dude
    my sister got like A's and B's in gcses and like really little A*s, and ABCC for AS, A*BB for A2, and she got into UBC, but she did have lots of ECAs. so dw your grades are really good and if you stay in all the clubs you joined then you'll have a good chance of getting into these unis
    Can't it be that your sister was an exception or something? I don't know I am very worried about my grades and subjects, there is always a feeling that its not good enough even though people have told me the grades are good, mainly there are many people around me who got better grades than me even at AS.

And how much will just having further maths and not the full further maths affect my chances?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.