The Student Room Group

A - Level Sixth Form/College advice for making new friends.

I'm going into a sixth form college, no one from my school is there. I also have anxiety issues and will have a support worker with me in lessons (not every lesson) but is there any advice anyone can give?
Thank you :smile:
Hi I'm in exactly the same boat tbh :smile: I have a lot of anxiety and haven't been in education for 2 years. I honestly think I am just going to be myself and focus on studying. With regards to making friends I would say the best way to do it is to get to know the people in your classes and don't forget lots of people will be going into college on their own and will also be nervous about making friends Good luck to you :smile:
Original post by emsymarie
Hi I'm in exactly the same boat tbh :smile: I have a lot of anxiety and haven't been in education for 2 years. I honestly think I am just going to be myself and focus on studying. With regards to making friends I would say the best way to do it is to get to know the people in your classes and don't forget lots of people will be going into college on their own and will also be nervous about making friends Good luck to you :smile:

Thanks, been off and on in education for 6 years. It sucks, but good luck to you too! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest