Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

does anyone else get really depressed by age, mortality, the fact we only get one life and no mater what we do we cant go back and most of all we are just an insignificant blip in the universe?

not to worries anyone but i'm just wondering if i'm the only one?

No not at all as my beliefs defer from yours , as i believe in an after life where everyone would be immortal .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    does anyone else get really depressed by age, mortality, the fact we only get one life and no mater what we do we cant go back and most of all we are just an insignificant blip in the universe?

not to worries anyone but i'm just wondering if i'm the only one?
    As Richard Dawkins said, we are going to die which makes us the lucky ones as many people are not going to be born.
    Our existence is so astronomically improbable however we're still here, shouldn't that be enough?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I don't feel sad about my life not meaning much in the grand scheme of the universe but I do get depressed that I have illnesses that are preventing me from living my life to the max. I feel like I have wasted many years of my life already and still will in the future and that upsets me as I wish this life was just a practice run.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I believe that when I die, I will be dead for a very very long(hundreds to millions of years) time or a very short time (few days), just long enough for my atoms to have recycled and would be in another person, but will be reborn, reborn and be someone else maybe another species or maybe still a human, but will not remember being the current me. so to answer your question: I don't get depressed by age but the idea of living but not achieving depresses me, I do believe that we are insignificant blips in the universe, but I'm sure that you are not the only one who thinks like you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.