The Student Room Group

Applying to Medicine

I have really bad grades for medicine and I am just about considering to apply for it. Gcse grade: 8A, 4B. AS: BBBC, A level: should be predicted AAA.
So I was just wondering if there area any universities that I could apply to with these grades.
Sorry but really doubt it.
Original post by dragonblazer11
I have really bad grades for medicine and I am just about considering to apply for it. Gcse grade: 8A, 4B. AS: BBBC, A level: should be predicted AAA.
So I was just wondering if there area any universities that I could apply to with these grades.

Well you've got the all important AAA prediction, so that's a good start.

Apply to med schools which place comparatively little emphasis on GCSE results i.e. not Oxford, Cardiff, Birmingham, etc. Think about why you've got Bs rather than As for your AS levels and make any necessary changes next year as you really need to get AAA (minimum).

Have you done the UKCAT yet?
Original post by Democracy
Well you've got the all important AAA prediction, so that's a good start.

Apply to med schools which place comparatively little emphasis on GCSE results i.e. not Oxford, Cardiff, Birmingham, etc. Think about why you've got Bs rather than As for your AS levels and make any necessary changes next year as you really need to get AAA (minimum).

Have you done the UKCAT yet?

i haven't done the ukcat yet, I am doing it towards the end of September.

Quick Reply

Latest