Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so i have the chance to move out into halls but worried i will be distracted and will go out all the time as everyone else will be and then not do as well in my economics course

has anyone found living in halls a distraction and feel they could have done better from living at home?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    No it's not. You're closer to on campus library if you need to go there to study, you learn how to say no if you have an assignment and you're being asked to go out, many many people each year live in halls and a very large percentage of them pass

ReputationRep:
    If you need the social side (and live far from the uni), go for halls. Of course, getting the balance right is key for both success at uni and after it, there are no skills to be gained from Partying All The Time...

ReputationRep:
    I live about 1 hour from the uni and most of it is on the train where i will get a seat. the commute isn't too bad considering its not like il be at uni full hours everyday.

still not sure what to do. my main aim is to do really well in first year but i also want the experience of 'uni life'

not sure what to do

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.