The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I have a few mates at Coventry who hate it. in fact 2 of them left for another uni. I have one friend at Brunel who loves it
Reply 2
Original post by sdotd
I have a few mates at Coventry who hate it. in fact 2 of them left for another uni. I have one friend at Brunel who loves it

Oh okay, may I ask why they hate it?
Reply 3
Original post by Emmy_96
Oh okay, may I ask why they hate it?

The lecturers aren't great or helpful and the social life is pretty poor compared to other unis
Reply 4
thank you, that was helpful. Someone told me the Warwick students were not great either :/
Reply 5
Anyone else? Brunels offer ends tomorrow evening and I really want to be sure!
Reply 6
Original post by Emmy_96
Anyone else? Brunels offer ends tomorrow evening and I really want to be sure!

Maybe check the Brunel forum
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=164
Brunel for me but use the searcjh function of TSR and see what students say about each one.
Coventry. Wouldn't recommend Brunel, many people from my cohort transferred to other universities this year to say the least.
Reply 10
Original post by Whosthat?
Coventry. Wouldn't recommend Brunel, many people from my cohort transferred to other universities this year to say the least.

Was that due to teaching? What caused them to transfer?
The teaching, the most vital part being at uni. They left because they weren't happy with the level of the quality of the teaching. Some wanted to leave, but they didn't have good enough grades to leave Brunel and so were stuck (quite a few of my friends), whilst others smashed it and were over the moon to leave.

Of course some were happy to stay, however there was a common feeling amongst my cohort that the lecturers were not up to scratch and seemed like they didn't really care either.
Reply 12
Original post by Whosthat?
The teaching, the most vital part being at uni. They left because they weren't happy with the level of the quality of the teaching. Some wanted to leave, but they didn't have good enough grades to leave Brunel and so were stuck (quite a few of my friends), whilst others smashed it and were over the moon to leave.

Of course some were happy to stay, however there was a common feeling amongst my cohort that the lecturers were not up to scratch and seemed like they didn't really care either.

Ohhh I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm still leaning towards Brunel since I will be more closer to home and most people tend to dislike Coventry.
I know its been 6 years but how was your experience with Brunel university?

Latest

Trending

Trending