Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will Trump's election be America's Brexit? watch

ReputationRep:
    So people will wake up the next morning thinking Hillary has safely won, but are shocked to see it is in fact Trump, who has ridden on the votes of the disaffected working class.

Unfortunately, I think it's a strong possibility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iridocyclitis)
    So people will wake up the next morning thinking Hillary has safely won, but are shocked to see it is in fact Trump, who has ridden on the votes of the disaffected working class.

Considering what's happened over the past 100ish days of Trump, I wouldn't rule anything out, but wouldn't make any predictions either. (Though I am secretly expecting some serious **** to hit the fan right before the actual voting starts.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iridocyclitis)

YOU MEAN FORTUNATELY! who would want to wake up to realise that the murdering, lying, criminal, extremely ill woman card using sellout to wall street has won. i'd be very sad.

ReputationRep:
    While trump isn't ideal he is the one most likely to not to start a war somewhere.

Trump > Hilary

ReputationRep:
    As a big Trump fan myself, I'm cautiously optimistic.

We've seen the silent Tory vote, the silent Brexit vote, there's no reason why there wouldn't be a silent Trump vote - well educated professionals living and working in liberal areas who prefer to keep their conservative beliefs to themselves so they don't become alienated from their lefty neighbours and coworkers.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want Trump to win. Why? Because I think he will destroy the Republican Party. He has managed to isolate core demographics and attract the worst elements of society through his populist ideals which defy traditional conservatism on which the GOP was founded.

However, we should also not succumb to aberrant hysteria which seems to be coming from the left, especially when people compare the Trump train to Hitler and other fascist regimes which have plagued our history. A Donald Trump presidency mightn't be the most successful years of America's history, but his election would be a wake up call for the political establishment who have neglected core voters.

Given that (I assume) you're not an American - stop worrying. If anything, Hillary Clinton will be little consolation if she is elected because her foreign policy is nothing short of barbaric. She's an interventionist. And given her attachment to the establishment, it wouldn't surprise me if she did invade a foreign country just so some of her rich friends can make money.

The election will come down to whichever candidate can win these states: Florida, Georgia, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Ohio, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Missouri, New Mexico, Colorado and Virginia.

I reckon Trump will win: Georgia, Nevada, North Carolina and Missouri.

I reckon Hillary will win: Florida, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Ohio, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Colorado and Virginia.

So, I reckon Hillary will win.

ReputationRep:
    Trump can't win at this rate. He has next to no minority support. Romney and McCain proved that the white male vote is not enough to win the presidency.

Unless Trump somehow miraculously by some act of god wins 90% of the white vote, he can't win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake4198)
    I don't want Trump to win. Why? Because I think he will destroy the Republican Party. He has managed to isolate core demographics and attract the worst elements of society through his populist ideals which defy traditional conservatism on which the GOP was founded.
    The GOP is doing that perfectly fine on their own. They continue to pander to racists and the like, and continue to alienate the growing minority population, ensuring that Democrats keep making headway.

ReputationRep:
    Despite his brash personality and rude remarks, Trump is exactly what the American political system needs to stir up its overly politically correct culture, where fact is 'trumped' (pardon me) by emotions. Moreover, both the GOP and Democratic Party need the wake up call to institute reform.

ReputationRep:
    i don't care who wins or lose it will skyrocket the gold market and i'll be selling

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.