Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If I get on an audit graduate scheme at one of the Big4 in London and complete an ACA with them, what are the most common exit opportunities? In other words, what do people usually do after completing the ACA?

(I'm a prospective university econ student trying to figure out what kind of stuff I can do after uni apart from IB which is my main goal)

ReputationRep:
    You can become an accountant at a large number of businesses. You can also exit I tot he corporate finance/transaction advisory services line of the Big4 or go up to the Partner level at a big4

ReputationRep:
    Controller
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    If I get on an audit graduate scheme at one of the Big4 in London and complete an ACA with them, what are the most common exit opportunities? In other words, what do people usually do after completing the ACA?

(I'm a prospective university econ student trying to figure out what kind of stuff I can do after uni apart from IB which is my main goal)
    A stint in transaction services or corporate finance upon qualification would help here:
    - lower middle market private equity
    - IBD
    - Equity Research

Otherwise:
    - Internal Audit
    - FP&A/in-house Finance
    - junior controllership
    - working for a financial regulator
    - HF/AM/PE accounting

Or even just stay until partner.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    A stint in transaction services or corporate finance upon qualification would help here:
    - lower middle market private equity
    - IBD
    - Equity Research

Otherwise:
    - Internal Audit
    - FP&A/in-house Finance
    - junior controllership
    - working for a financial regulator
    - HF/AM/PE accounting

Or even just stay until partner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks man!
    Btw, (this obvs wont affect my career choices) can someone with an ACA from the big4 ever make £100000 a year in the non-IB/ER/PE exit opps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    Thanks man!
    Btw, (this obvs wont affect my career choices) can someone with an ACA from the big4 ever make £100000 a year in the non-IB/ER/PE exit opps?
    Maybe if you have lots of experience and look for the right opportunities as an accountant. It won't come to easily like front office IB but it's possible.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.