What are the common exit opportunities from Big4 audit?

Watch
Ladbants
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
If I get on an audit graduate scheme at one of the Big4 in London and complete an ACA with them, what are the most common exit opportunities? In other words, what do people usually do after completing the ACA?

(I'm a prospective university econ student trying to figure out what kind of stuff I can do after uni apart from IB which is my main goal)
DetectivePeralta
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You can become an accountant at a large number of businesses. You can also exit I tot he corporate finance/transaction advisory services line of the Big4 or go up to the Partner level at a big4
squish562
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Controller
Princepieman
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ladbants)
If I get on an audit graduate scheme at one of the Big4 in London and complete an ACA with them, what are the most common exit opportunities? In other words, what do people usually do after completing the ACA?

(I'm a prospective university econ student trying to figure out what kind of stuff I can do after uni apart from IB which is my main goal)
A stint in transaction services or corporate finance upon qualification would help here:
- lower middle market private equity
- IBD
- Equity Research

Otherwise:
- Internal Audit
- FP&A/in-house Finance
- junior controllership
- working for a financial regulator
- HF/AM/PE accounting

Or even just stay until partner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ladbants
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Princepieman)
A stint in transaction services or corporate finance upon qualification would help here:
- lower middle market private equity
- IBD
- Equity Research

Otherwise:
- Internal Audit
- FP&A/in-house Finance
- junior controllership
- working for a financial regulator
- HF/AM/PE accounting

Or even just stay until partner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks man!
Btw, (this obvs wont affect my career choices) can someone with an ACA from the big4 ever make £100000 a year in the non-IB/ER/PE exit opps?
DetectivePeralta
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ladbants)
Thanks man!
Btw, (this obvs wont affect my career choices) can someone with an ACA from the big4 ever make £100000 a year in the non-IB/ER/PE exit opps?
Maybe if you have lots of experience and look for the right opportunities as an accountant. It won't come to easily like front office IB but it's possible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (110)
28.21%
No (280)
71.79%

Watched Threads