The Student Room Group
Well I don't know about cancelling but people find the intercollegiate halls provides a great opportunity to meet a greater cross-section of people from other UoL colleges and like the fact most of the halls are placed in an ideal location - London :smile: If you're unsure about the available accomodation or have any queries you should be able to contact them.
Reply 2
Contact UL.

i'm going to intercollegiate halls but i cant remember which ones i chose. i know they have tennis/squash courts.

who else is going to intercollegiate??
Prologue
Contact UL.

i'm going to intercollegiate halls but i cant remember which ones i chose. i know they have tennis/squash courts.

who else is going to intercollegiate??

I have it as my third choice, but can't remember the order I put down, most probably Hughes Parry Hall as my first - as that's the popular one and College Hall as last :tongue:
Reply 4
ive put down hughes-parry (also called huge party :biggrin: i think ) and canterbury cant remember the 3rd! hope they r good i think they have tennis courts next to them
jay9386
ive put down hughes-parry (also called huge party :biggrin: i think ) and canterbury cant remember the 3rd! hope they r good i think they have tennis courts next to them

Something will go terribly wrong with my application and they'll probably put me with the postgraduates in Lillian Penson Hall or something terrible like that (I hold nothing against postgrads but I'm sure you wouldn't want an ickle little undergraduate amongst you lot!) :smile:
I put Connaught then Canterbury.
Reply 7
Hello,

I was at Connaught last year and liked it so much that im going back there next year! In my experience intercollegiate halls are great for mixing with a greater cross-section of the student population (as aforementioned) which is always a bonus. However, it can leave some people feeling somewhat dislocated from their college and u may find that ur closest friends dont even attend the same uni as u. So yes, Connaught is great. Perfect location etc. Neways, enough selling of my halls. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Pixxx
Reply 8
i put canterbury then connaught (UCL btw)
I'm going to UCL too (Anthropology) :smile:
blackrainbow
I'm going to UCL too (Anthropology) :smile:

cool

economics and geography for me :smile:
pixee
Hello,

I was at Connaught last year and liked it so much that im going back there next year! In my experience intercollegiate halls are great for mixing with a greater cross-section of the student population (as aforementioned) which is always a bonus. However, it can leave some people feeling somewhat dislocated from their college and u may find that ur closest friends dont even attend the same uni as u. So yes, Connaught is great. Perfect location etc. Neways, enough selling of my halls. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Pixxx

I must admit I did wonder about feeling dislocated from UCL. Perhaps Ramsey is better for feeling part of it all but it's so hard to weigh up all the different factors. When I was filling in the form it seemed a good idea to meet people from other colleges too. I just hope I'll meet people from UCL around the college, although I suppose going back to halls for meals might be a problem in that respect. I see the whole accommodation thing is a difficult decision for lots of us.

Btw, I thought we could only go in halls for the first year. How come you're able to go back? Also, the obvious question: What's the food like?
Quiksilver
cool

economics and geography for me :smile:

Are you waiting for A-level results then or are you on a gap year? We already have our results here so I know I've met my offer.
blackrainbow
Are you waiting for A-level results then or are you on a gap year? We already have our results here so I know I've met my offer.

still waiting for my results :redface:
congrats on making the offer (are you in a foreign country or something?)
Quiksilver
still waiting for my results :redface:
congrats on making the offer (are you in a foreign country or something?)

Yes, I'm in Italy. We have three written exams and an oral here and we get our results as soon as the last person in the class has had their oral, so I only had to wait five days after my oral to get my result. The waiting there must be awful. Good luck with your results!
Reply 15
blackrainbow
Yes, I'm in Italy. We have three written exams and an oral here and we get our results as soon as the last person in the class has had their oral, so I only had to wait five days after my oral to get my result. The waiting there must be awful. Good luck with your results!

so ur teachers mark ur papers? :confused:
Reply 16
Blackrainbow -

i think i may have put too much emphasis on the dislocation worry - it really would not be a big problem as long as u were willing to make the effort with people at ur uni - also remember that there are always societies! Now then, let me tell u about the food at Connaught. Its generally quite good - usually a selection of meat, fish and vegetarian served everyday. This is accompanied by some form of potato and vegetables and a big salad bar is always on offer. Finally, theres always a yummy dessert which ranges from sponge cake and custard to fruit salad to jelly and ice-cream! I've never had a problem with the food but do not expect anything amazing - this is student halls remember and you get a lot of food for what you pay. In comparison to the other halls, i think Connaught's food is pretty similar, if not a little bit better :biggrin: Oh and in response to ur question about me staying at Connaught for another year - there are always some 2nd year and 3rd years who have applied to stay - normally overseas students or ppl working in the bar. It just so happens that my best chum is going to be the assistant bar manager next year so we managed to wangle our way into next year. Hoorah. Neways, hope that helped.

Pixxx

Latest

Trending

Trending