The Student Room Group

English applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sianwilks
Bath Spa, London Southbank, Aberystwyth, Cardiff Met and Swansea

Throw out LSBU and Cardiff Met.

Firm Swansea or Aber and put Aber (if firmed Swansea) or Bath Spa (if firmed Aber) as your insurance.
Original post by cambio wechsel
Throw out LSBU and Cardiff Met.

Firm Swansea or Aber and put Aber (if firmed Swansea) or Bath Spa (if firmed Aber) as your insurance.

I was hoping to do something like that but I've had an unconditional for Cardiff Met and I have a conditional offer from Bath but they've emailed me saying if I firm them they will accept me even if my grades fall far short of those required in my offer, stressing me out.
Original post by Scarlet_Snow
I'm applying for English, English and Creative Writing and English Literature at Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth (twice) and Portsmouth. My first choice is Plymouth as I just love the atmosphere of that place and I adore the course from what I can see. I doubt I'll get offers from Exeter and Bristol tbh but if I got one from Bristol I'd definitely consider it!

Me too! Plymouth for English and creative writing! Did you get an offer?:smile:
Original post by K.leigh
Me too! Plymouth for English and creative writing! Did you get an offer?:smile:

I did! 120 UCAS points. 😊
Did you?~
Original post by Scarlet_Snow
I did! 120 UCAS points. 😊
Did you?~

Well done! That's amazing!! And yes I did too!☺️I got an unconditional there which I'm super happy about!
Original post by K.leigh
Well done! That's amazing!! And yes I did too!☺️I got an unconditional there which I'm super happy about!

Wow congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by littlemix011
Wow congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!!😋☺️
Hi,

I have got conditional offers for English Language and Literature from Leeds,Sheffield and Reading. It will be really good to hear your opinions before making a decision. Which one among these will be the best to select for this particular course or the order of preferences?
Has anyone firmed Leeds? I firmed them the other day! 😊Difficult to find anyone doing English at Leeds though😔
Hey guys! I don't remember if I've posted here so:
So far I've got offers from Durham, Warwick, and Queen Mary (King's and UCL pending) for English literature and language ^.^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending