Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am 16 years old, and have just got my results for my GCSEs. Now it's time for college, and my final decision for my A level choices is in a couple of days. I am taking Maths (I really like it and got an A* at GCSE), Computer Science (I love technology and hope to go into computing for a career), and Economics (I am fairly interested in the subject and it works well with my other choices, as well as being a well respected A-level). However, I don't have any ideas for my fourth choice! I can answer more questions if i have not provided enough detail, but I need some ideas, and quick!

Edit: So basically the two options that I'm considering are Physics or Law. (Just for some context, I got an A in physics, even though I expected a B, and it goes well with my current a-levels. I am also very interested in the law course, but I don't know how it is regarded at the top Russel Group unis.)

ReputationRep:
    Further Maths

ReputationRep:
    physics maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Further Maths or Physics would be useful if you're considering a computing degree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe_Gaughan)
    I am 16 years old, and have just got my results for my GCSEs. Now it's time for college, and my final decision for my A level choices is in a couple of days. I am taking Maths (I really like it and got an A* at GCSE), Computer Science (I love technology and hope to go into computing for a career), and Economics (I am fairly interested in the subject and it works well with my other choices, as well as being a well respected A-level). However, I don't have any ideas for my fourth choice! I can answer more questions if i have not provided enough detail, but I need some ideas, and quick!
    I'd definitely recommend Further Maths, bearing in mind you like the subject, so you will probably be willing to put the effort in! You are also already taking Maths (someone said Maths and FM feels like 1.5 A-levels rather than 2) and it fits in with all your other A-levels too! Universities look highly upon FM so I'd say that's your best bet - but whatever you decide taking I wish you good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Further Maths if you want to go to a top uni. Physics if you can't do FM for whatever reason

ReputationRep:
    Just a suggestion but usually in the second year you drop one subject and it might be benefiticial to do a slightly 'easier' subject which you can then drop in your second year
    It will mean less pressure studying the subjects you want to do because realistically your dropped alevel doesn't contribute to uni applications unless it works with points
    May not be the case for you but it was like this for me and like a said just a suggestion!

ReputationRep:
    Spanish?

ReputationRep:
    Further Maths!

ReputationRep:
    physics or another science of FM

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.