Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think i've posted something like this before but anyways, can any of you guys tell me if it is possible for me to tone up in 8 weeks. I desperately wanna tone my tummy and thighs. Currently, my waist is 25 inches so im not exactly fat...just really podgy, if you get me. I just wanna tighten up my tummy muscles mainly but i dont wanna set myself an impossible task by tryna achieve this in 2 months if it wont happen - as i know this can take time. So, do any of you think this can be done in two months, i plan to jog every day and do ab exercises like reverse curls etc every other day.
    Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prada_princess)
    I think i've posted something like this before but anyways, can any of you guys tell me if it is possible for me to tone up in 8 weeks. I desperately wanna tone my tummy and thighs. Currently, my waist is 25 inches so im not exactly fat...just really podgy, if you get me. I just wanna tighten up my tummy muscles mainly but i dont wanna set myself an impossible task by tryna achieve this in 2 months if it wont happen - as i know this can take time. So, do any of you think this can be done in two months, i plan to jog every day and do ab exercises like reverse curls etc every other day.
    Thanks x
    Just don't eat for a couple of days. Although you may faint ocassionally, the end result will be worth it.

ReputationRep:
    8 weeks at 2 pounds of fat a week, is 16 pounds. Do you think thatll make a difference? Clearly it will...

ReputationRep:
    Do lots of bike riding! And football, football is good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    8 weeks at 2 pounds of fat a week, is 16 pounds. Do you think thatll make a difference? Clearly it will...
    Yeah, i know that 2 months is enough time to lose weight but im on about toning my tummy muscles. Can u do this in 2 months if your tummy is not too fat to begin with??

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i know that 2 months is enough time to lose weight but im on about toning my tummy muscles. Can u do this in 2 months if your tummy is not too fat to begin with??
    You mean toned as in defined yes?

Well being defined(toned) comes from having a low boyfat%..

ReputationRep:
    More reps=more tone/definition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    You mean toned as in defined yes?

Well being defined(toned) comes from having a low boyfat%..
    So that's achievable in two months then, right??

ReputationRep:
    So that's achievable in two months then, right??
    Absoluteley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    No...

Tone/defintion comes from having a low bodyfat%. Youll look more defined if you have more muscle, which is achieved by normal weight training..

ReputationRep:
    whats the best excersise for toning up ure bum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    farting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    farting
    hahaha! you a funny guy.

ReputationRep:
    Lying leg curls
    Squats
    Deadlifts

Didnt I tell you this before?

ReputationRep:
    i think it's possible. cycling helps tone the bum, as does bum-clenching. to tone the stomach just try and do some home exercise such as:

lying on the floor with your legs bent and keeping you neck level coming up and down at a regular pace (sort of like half-situps) if you do a few of these every few days you'll have a better toned stomach.

also you can lie on your stomach and raise your legs off the floor for a few seconds and keep doing it regularly. stomach clenching helps too when you're just sitting around watching telly.

good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    For the bum/thigh area...
    Get a chair
    Lie on the floor on your side with the chair at your feet
    Put your top foot on the seat of the chair
    Raise and lower your lower foot to the underneath of the chair seat

ReputationRep:
    Thanks x
    -Don't eat any food After 6pm.
    -Make sure u rest as well, ur muscles need to rest therefore i wouldn't recommend doing abs, curls more thann 2-3 times a week.
    -Don't eat too much carbohydrates in particular RICE, if u do eat rice, make sure its brown Rice. Don't forget its not the fat in the food thats ur enemy , but its the carbohydrates that make u fat.
    - If u go running , Do it early in the morning b4 u eat ur breakfast, As u haven't ate anything for few houres , ur body will be using ur body fat while ur running. Also Don't run too fast, Jogging would still be ok. Just run slowly for 45 mins.

If u do these properly u'd make it in two months. Don't forget to eat alot of vegetables.

ReputationRep:
    Lift weights for muscle toning.

cardio is only good for weight loss really...

8 weeks of weight training and you will see results

ReputationRep:
    First you tell her not to eat carbs, then you say eat alot of vegetables?

Make up your mind

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.