Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Punch bags are execellent for aerobic exercise. How many of you can do fifteen three minute rounds? They'll shed the love handles off. lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [-David-])
    Lift weights for muscle toning.

cardio is only good for weight loss really...

8 weeks of weight training and you will see results
    Not really, as shes a girl.

And she wants weight loss, as Ive already said twice in this thread, looking toned comes from having a low bodyfat%. So do your cardio..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    Not really, as shes a girl.

And she wants weight loss, as Ive already said twice in this thread, looking toned comes from having a low bodyfat%. So do your cardio..
    What the hell is interval training?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    What the hell is interval training?
    training with intervals... e.g. sprint for thirty seconds rest for twenty seconds sprint for thirty seconds rest....etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    training with intervals... e.g. sprint for thirty seconds rest for twenty seconds sprint for thirty seconds rest....etc
    Kind of, its more like...30 secs sprint, 2 mins jog, etc

ReputationRep:
    Interval training is a great method of aerobic training.

ReputationRep:
    Just play ball, it's fun and good for you.

ReputationRep:
    do those electric shock things work? the ones u strap around your abs and it shocks them?

or do u still hasv to have like less then 15% body fat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rex Mundi)
    do those electric shock things work? the ones u strap around your abs and it shocks them?

or do u still hasv to have like less then 15% body fat?
    I'd steer clear of those things. Be a man and do it the proper way.

ReputationRep:
    Kind of, its more like...30 secs sprint, 2 mins jog, etc
    Interval training is really flexible, you can do sprints (well not really a sprint but say 200m at a decent pace) followed by a 2 min jog, or you can do a faster run and then jog for about the same length of time it took you to run, then repeat. Its best to do it on a track if theres one available though, that way its measurable and you get the satisfaction from getting quicker times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    I'd steer clear of those things. Be a man and do it the proper way.
    Couldn't agree more.

ReputationRep:
    Go to a circuit class...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bitewing)
    Interval training is really flexible, you can do sprints (well not really a sprint but say 200m at a decent pace) followed by a 2 min jog, or you can do a faster run and then jog for about the same length of time it took you to run, then repeat. Its best to do it on a track if theres one available though, that way its measurable and you get the satisfaction from getting quicker times.
    Yeh, what I was saying is, if you do 30 secs sprint 30 secs jog youll last no longer than a few minutes if youre a beginner, its extremely high intensity and NOT easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [-David-])
    Lift weights for muscle toning.

cardio is only good for weight loss really...

8 weeks of weight training and you will see results
    u can definately get toned with cardio. i run and dont do any weights and am pretty well toned, even arms. had to stop for exams so am losing it a bit tho :s come back to me toned tummy!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Take up snowboarding - you use your stomach muscles quite often and as a by-product you get toned up stomach muscles.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, what I was saying is, if you do 30 secs sprint 30 secs jog youll last no longer than a few minutes if youre a beginner, its extremely high intensity and NOT easy
    True, it's best to start easy (bigger intervals) and work your way up to shorter ones. It beats steady (boring) running, and you get the feeling of improvement much quicker.

ReputationRep:
    Interval training is *rough*. I remember doing 8 x 100m (with like a 5 second break inbetween) then 4 x 400m last winter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypnos)
    Interval training is *rough*. I remember doing 8 x 100m (with like a 5 second break inbetween) then 4 x 400m last winter.
    No wonder it was rough if you only had a 5 second break inbetween each one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypnos)
    ahh reminds me of training sessions back in the days when I was fit.

ReputationRep:
    Eat 5 small balanced meals per day - eating little and often keeps up metabolism.
    Get regular exercise (both for cardio and muscular).
    Drink 2l of water - caffinated drinks/fizzy drinks are a no-go
    Lay off the chocs

http://freewebs.com/ibdotnet/flabattack.zip <--this is 3 or 4 pages of toning exercises I scanned in.

Good luck!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.