Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really want to study physics at university, is it even worth me applying with that grade? I have my eye on unis like Royal Holloway, Sussex, Surrey and Kent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzyjane0807)
    I really want to study physics at university, is it even worth me applying with that grade? I have my eye on unis like Royal Holloway, Sussex, Surrey and Kent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You should be able to get offers from those unis (except maybe surrey) if you can get predicted a B for A-level but the more important A-level for getting an offer is maths anyway

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=izzyjane0807;67273660]I really want to study physics at university, is it even worth me applying with that grade? I have my eye on unis like Royal Holloway, Sussex, Surrey and Kent.

My daughter got a C in her AS level physics, retook her EMPA and unit 1, and got a C in her A2 as well lol.
    However she is starting theoretical physics at Sussex in a couple of weeks. (Firm offer was ABB, and she got BBC but was still accepted)

May be worth applying for the BSc rather than the MPhys as grades may be lower. Dundee was also an option.

As mentioned Maths needs to be B or higher to have an chance of a serious offer.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Colinj451;67332394]
    (Original post by izzyjane0807)
    My daughter got a C in her AS level physics, retook her EMPA and unit 1, and got a C in her A2 as well lol.
    However she is starting theoretical physics at Sussex in a couple of weeks. (Firm offer was ABB, and she got BBC but was still accepted)

May be worth applying for the BSc rather than the MPhys as grades may be lower. Dundee was also an option.

As mentioned Maths needs to be B or higher to have an chance of a serious offer.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.