Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a first year university student starting this September. My university have a Facebook page for all the new student and I came across this girl. We have been talking together in the past few weeks. I just want to see what anyone says about how far or how close I am on getting her lol.

When we talk its always me who starts the conversations but I can see that she really enjoys talking and gets into the conversations. When I say bye or whatever she says hope to talk to you later etc. And whats funny, and the reason why I'm making this post is that she keeps sending kissing emojis when we finish chatting. Is this normal now, or what is she on about? This started from day 1 after we talked for a long time in the first chat.

I feel like she is out of my league but she seems to be happy talking, just really unsure whats going on. What should I do? Just continue doing what Im doing or ask her out or what? I want to find out what she is doing hehe. She just want to be a friend or further? Cause I want to take it far

I really hope she is not in TSR and finds out its me lol!

ReputationRep:
    Kissing emojis don't mean anything at all. Girls will send them to anyone. Likewise for saying talk to you later. That's just polite. There's no way of knowing if she likes you romantically or just as a friend. She's just moving to uni like you so she's obviously going to be friendly.

If you like her then make a move. If you don't want to risk it, then don't. But don't read too much into kissing emojis or the like. Some girls are just bubbly like that

(Original post by tengentoppa)
    Kissing emojis don't mean anything at all. Girls will send them to anyone. Likewise for saying talk to you later. That's just polite. There's no way of knowing if she likes you romantically or just as a friend. She's just moving to uni like you so she's obviously going to be friendly.

If you like her then make a move. If you don't want to risk it, then don't. But don't read too much into kissing emojis or the like. Some girls are just bubbly like that
    Cool. Your reply makes sense. You are 100% correct. Now in this situation what suitable move will be good?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel like she is out of my league but she seems to be happy talking, just really unsure whats going on. What should I do? Just continue doing what Im doing or ask her out or what? I want to find out what she is doing hehe. She just want to be a friend or further? Cause I want to take it far

I really hope she is not in TSR and finds out its me lol!
    Hehe? :coma: *Haha

If you chat like that your gonna end up being friendzoned. Aside from that just ask her out, if she turns you down then take it on the chin and move on.

If you chat like that your gonna end up being friendzoned. Aside from that just ask her out, if she turns you down then take it on the chin and move on.
    Anything wrong with hehe? lol

Yes, I will do that soon. Forget friend zone.

Anything wrong with hehe? lol

Yes, I will do that soon. Forget friend zone.
    Generally girls use 'hehe' not even beta males use that, just avoid it, it comes off as a cute little chuckle. But yeah, just ask her out (regardless of how hard it seems) because that is the only way you'll make progress, better you try before some other dude takes her. :eek:

Best of luck bro!

Generally girls use 'hehe' not even beta males use that, just avoid it, it comes off as a cute little chuckle. But yeah, just ask her out (regardless of how hard it seems) because that is the only way you'll make progress, better you try before some other dude takes her. :eek:

Best of luck bro!
    DUDE you serious? I'm Norwegian and hehe is what everyone uses there lol! Good thing you told me!

Thanks bro.

Best of luck bro!
    I will kick his ass

ReputationRep:
    You've got a looonggggggggg way to go

ReputationRep:

It is probably too late. I imagine the chat is full of those monkey emojis too

ReputationRep:
    slap her nipples and call her harambe, slay that girl

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.