Hi, after receiving my AS results, I have many questions about my uni choices. I'd appreciate any advice
1) Am I good enough for Cambridge HSPS (Human, Social and Political Sciences)?
I received 8A* and 2A for my GCSEs, and 4 good As (including Chinese though, which is my first language) and a D in History at AS. I should be predicted with 3A*s in Maths, Economics and Politics. The D in History is bothering me a lot. Would Cambridge care if I'm dropping it?
2) I'm applying for Magdalene, what is it like?
3) Do I need a 'safer' uni choice? My other choices at the moment are:
- LSE International Relations (IR)
- Durham Combined Honours
- Edinburgh IR with Quantitative Methods
- Warwick Politics, International Studies and Quantitative Methods
What should I take out and what should I replace it with, if any? Ideally, I'd like a course in IR but with links with maths and allows me to study a language ab initio.
Also, if anyone is studying any of these courses, what is it like?
4) I'm focusing my personal statement on international relations, is it bad considering that I'm applying for HSPS?
What do you think?