The Student Room Group

Guys what would you think if this happened to you?

You're about to get it on with a girl you asked out, and then she has a flashback and panic attack when you touch her. You end up looking after her and being respectful and kind to her after it happens, then sleep in the same bed, end up doing nothing sexual...

Would you want to see her again?

Scroll to see replies

Depends on how much you like her, no? Do you like her enough to look past it???
Reply 2
Original post by xobeauty
Depends on how much you like her, no? Do you like her enough to look past it???

I'm the girl hahaha.
Reply 3
If it's a regular occurrence then probably not. I couldn't deal with that every time I touch her but if it was a one off then why not.
Reply 4
Didn't this happen to Roxy in Eastenders?
Reply 5
Original post by ELVsLP

I don't think exactly the same thing but similar
Reply 6
I totally would stay with her, id try to help her through it - legit not even a lie lool
Reply 7
Original post by ELVsLP

Spoilers? I'm still on the first episode.
Reply 8
Original post by UWS
Spoilers? I'm still on the first episode.

😂😂 what in the 1900s?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It all depends on how emotionally you would describe yourself, if you're not a very emotion person then it might be best to sit this one out. She is clearly very emotionally, especially after being assulted when she was younger which I take you're alluding to by saying "flashback".

If one person is and one person isn't emotional then you'll run into all kinds of huge problems in any form of relationship, trust me, I was in a very similar position with a very emotional girlfriend. I'm essentially a stone in the way of moods, if I won the lottery or if my house burnt down I'd be pretty placid and stoic either way, needless to say it didn't work out.
Reply 10
Original post by AdeptDz
😂😂 what in the 1900s?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a little behind :u:
Original post by Anonymous
It all depends on how emotionally you would describe yourself, if you're not a very emotion person then it might be best to sit this one out. She is clearly very emotionally, especially after being assulted when she was younger which I take you're alluding to by saying "flashback".

If one person is and one person isn't emotional then you'll run into all kinds of huge problems in any form of relationship, trust me, I was in a very similar position with a very emotional girlfriend. I'm essentially a stone in the way of moods, if I won the lottery or if my house burnt down I'd be pretty placid and stoic either way, needless to say it didn't work out.

sorry i didn't make it clear, i'm the girl not the guy
sorry i didn't make it clear, i'm the girl not the guy

I see, referring to my previous response I would do whatever I can to make her as happy as possible and support her in processing and dealing with any obstacle/issue, but I wouldn't aim for a long-term relationship as I wouldn't be emotionally in sync which would lead to problems, nor would I consider sex again until we're much more comfortable in eachothers company. I am big believer in leaving people/places/things better than I found them, so while connected I'd support them in every way possible so that when I left things would be better.
I see, referring to my previous response I would do whatever I can to make her as happy as possible and support her in processing and dealing with any obstacle/issue, but I wouldn't aim for a long-term relationship as I wouldn't be emotionally in sync which would lead to problems, nor would I consider sex again until we're much more comfortable in eachothers company. I am big believer in leaving people/places/things better than I found them, so while connected I'd support them in every way possible so that when I left things would be better.

fair enough, thanks for replying.
You're about to get it on with a girl you asked out, and then she has a flashback and panic attack when you touch her. You end up looking after her and being respectful and kind to her after it happens, then sleep in the same bed, end up doing nothing sexual...

no.
Reply 15

Well personally, unless I'm pissed I usually want a relationship when I ask a girl out, so yeah I wouldn't really be bothered about sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16

We are not your psychiatrist.

If this continues, I am sorry but I think I would say get help in the meantime our relationship is on hold. Because sex is important in a relationship and it is kind of off putting to think "well my gf can't have sex with me because me touching her gives her panic attacks".

id make sure everything is ok. if you really care for her, stick with her. otherwise find someone else

comfort her remind her thats in the past .
Reply 19
You didn't want the D bad enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending