Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I was just wondering what you think of me applying to med school in the UK. In my IB I got:

HL
    Bio: 6
    Chem: 6
    History: 6

SL
    English: 5
    French B: 6
    Maths SL: 4

Unfortunately I messed up my maths exam and dropped from my predicted but with my EE/TOK I got 35 which is enough to apply to KCL and Leeds. Also my Dad sadly died during my IB course which affected my work and stuff, do you think they may take that into consideration and do you think im competative enough to apply? I also got 3 A*s and 6As and a B at GCSEs.

Thanks very much for you advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielcanadaread)
    Hi,
    I was just wondering what you think of me applying to med school in the UK. In my IB I got:

HL
    Bio: 6
    Chem: 6
    History: 6

SL
    English: 5
    French B: 6
    Maths SL: 4

Unfortunely I messed up my maths exam and dropped from my predicted but with my EE/TOK I got 35 which is enough to apply to KCL and Leeds. Also my Dad sadly died during my IB course which effected my work and stuff, do you think they may take that into consideration and do you think im competative enough to apply. I also got 3 A*s and 6As and a B at GCSEs.

Thanks very much for you advice
    KCL are GCSE heavy, so it's unlikely you'll be successful there. Leeds is a good option, provided you get a good BMAT score.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.