Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I recently received my GCSE results and I'm worried that they're not good enough for me to be able to become a doctor. If anyone has any advice on how I could still become a doctor I would really appreciate it.

I got Bs in Biology, Physics and Chemistry (but I was very close to an A in Chemistry so I'm getting it remarked). I also got an A in maths and A*s in both English lit and Lang. (I also got 3 other GCSEs).

At the moment I'm thinking of taking Biology, Chemistry and Maths for A level and English Lit AS.

I'm also a member of St John's Ambulance and have done a weeks work experience in a hospital.

I'd really appreciate any help or advice
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    get more experience, write a killer PS then smash your A-Levels (AAA+) apply to top medical schools and hope for the best

But check medical school gcse requirements online
    There's also a tSR article about this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ultimately you'll need to have a brilliant PS, and high UKCAT/BMAT as well as good AS's (if you'll do them) and good predictions to show you've progressed from GCSE. Best of luck 🙂

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs don't mean that much when you are applying to uni, as its mostly your predicted A level grades they are interested in. However GCSEs do indicate what it is likely you may achieve at A level. Students with B grades at GCSE in science often find the sciences incredibly difficult at A level. Remember a B at GCSE shows you got about 50-55% of a higher tier paper correct. At A level you would be likely to come out with C/D grades. You are going to have to work incredibly hard and expect a massive jump up to AS level. Make sure you are getting regular, realistic updates from your teachers about the grade you are working at and have back-up plans thought out from the beginning.

It IS possible for you to get the grades you need, but expect it to be a tough ride! Good luck with your studies.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if I could become a doctor too-4a*, 4a's and 3b's at gcse and doing biology, chemistry and music at a level.I have no work expirience.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.