The Student Room Group

BSc ITMB or BSc Internet Computing? - Decisions decisions

I am currently enrolled on BSc Internet Computing at the University of Manchester starting September. However I have been looking at other courses available and like the sound and look of BSc IT Management for Business. It has some very similar modules to the Internet Computing course such as HCI, Information Systems, Databases etc but also contains management accounting and project management skills etc.

The following is taken from the course description:

Internet Computing
Career opportunities
Graduates pursue career paths in the design and delivery of internet-based IT solutions. Typical graduate roles include e-commerce developer, e-business systems developer, web-site designer and information architect.

Information Technology Management for Business
Career opportunities
Employment prospects for graduates of BSc (Hons) Information Technology Management for Business are very good - the degree is an exciting combination of technical skill, business application and personal acumen.

Typical graduate career roles involve IT project management, IT and business consultancy, systems integration, and IT services management.

I have a strong interest in both web development and IT. However I think my employment prospects would be better doing the IT Management degree and I think my earning potential would be better too.

I am already competent in PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver, Accessibility, W3C Standards, SEO & Photoshop and have been a freelance web developer on small projects for the past few years. My thinking is I could do the IT Management degreee and continue with the web development side independantly.

I am really undecided which one to study, I have a week to make a decision.

Thoughts? Advice?

Latest

Trending

Trending