Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What phone OS do you use? Watch

• View Poll Results: What phone OS do you have?
    iOS/iPhone
    28.57%
    Android
    64.29%
    Other
    7.14%

ReputationRep:
    Following on from this thread

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4231718

Which phone OS do you use? iPhone, Android or something else?

I will be converting from iOS to Android, but I just want to know your opinion.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Android. Always Android.

iOS sucks.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Android.

Wouldn't ever even consider switching to Apple tbh.

ReputationRep:
    It's sad to see how many people are ripped off by Apple and don't even know it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackdiamond97)
    It's sad to see how many people are ripped off by Apple and don't even know it
    How so? I know there's more freedom with Android and ****, but my experience has been alright.

I'm switching to android because I fancy a change, plus the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge is peng af. I like that you can add an SD card to androids for more storage, as my 16gb iPhone 5 is not enough at all !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyle1198)
    How so? I know there's more freedom with Android and ****, but my experience has been alright.

I'm switching to android because I fancy a change, plus the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge is peng af. I like that you can add an SD card to androids for more storage, as my 16gb iPhone 5 is not enough at all !!
    Itll be interesting to see whether you decide to go back to an iOS device following your decision. Yes, the Samsung galaxy s7 edge is "Peng" but is also packed with hardware which any ios device will have in 10-15 years.
    The reason ios users are being ripped off is because they are priced in the range of flagship smartphones, whereas they aren't capable of doing what other flagship smartphones are able to do.

iOS devices in my opinion are fit for business purposes, due to their capabilities in connectivity, but otherwise should never be used by a "general user".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealOne.)
    Itll be interesting to see whether you decide to go back to an iOS device following your decision. Yes, the Samsung galaxy s7 edge is "Peng" but is also packed with hardware which any ios device will have in 10-15 years.
    The reason ios users are being ripped off is because they are priced in the range of flagship smartphones, whereas they aren't capable of doing what other flagship smartphones are able to do.

iOS devices in my opinion are fit for business purposes, due to their capabilities in connectivity, but otherwise should never be used by a "general user".
    what phone do you have, out of interest

ReputationRep:
    what phone do you have, out of interest
    currently just an Xperia Z2, planning to upgrade to the samsung range, although the price isn't attractive

ReputationRep:
    currently just an Xperia Z2, planning to upgrade to the samsung range, although the price isn't attractive
    Ahhh, going for the galaxy S7 edge too?
    I have found websites that sell it for £200 cheaper than you would usually get it, no catch involved.

ReputationRep:
    iPhone baby

ReputationRep:

They overcharge for everything, iPhones aren't nearly as strong as Androids, and apparently bloatware is a thing. All style and no substance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, going for the galaxy S7 edge too?
    I have found websites that sell it for £200 cheaper than you would usually get it, no catch involved.
    well tbh, i was considering buying the s6 edge+, having a waterproof phone myself, and never neededto use that feature. The only downside to buying the s6 series is that they removed the SD card slot, which is disappointing but not completely necessary

ReputationRep:
    I'm a computer science student and use IOS because

It is more secure than android

It is faster

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...in-speed-test/

This is because the OS is written specifically for the hardware

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    I'm a computer science student and use IOS because

It is more secure than android

It is faster

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...in-speed-test/

This is because the OS is written specifically for the hardware
    'Secure' in what way? Less prone to identify theft/viruses (can phones even get viruses?!) and what have you?
    I get what you mean about the OS suiting the hardware, though iOS 10 will make iPhone 5/5c agonizingly slow as hell (one of the reasons I'm upgrading; my phone is nearing its sell by date and its not likely to support iOS 11 next year)

ReputationRep:
    well tbh, i was considering buying the s6 edge+, having a waterproof phone myself, and never neededto use that feature. The only downside to buying the s6 series is that they removed the SD card slot, which is disappointing but not completely necessary
    Isn't it better to buy the newest phone, as software support for the phone will last longer, and therefore you will keep the phone for longer?
    I know it wouldn't work for me, I'd start envying people who have newer phones than me in a year's time.
    But whatever works for you.

ReputationRep:
    'Secure' in what way? Less prone to identify theft/viruses (can phones even get viruses?!) and what have you?
    I get what you mean about the OS suiting the hardware, though iOS 10 will make iPhone 5/5c agonizingly slow as hell (one of the reasons I'm upgrading; my phone is nearing its sell by date and its not likely to support iOS 11 next year)
    Search android stagefright.

And also Samsung has terrible bloat ware I had an S5

It had google music (can't delete) and Samsung music (can't delete)
    Same for videos pictures etc.

And to be fair iPhone 5 is 3 models behind 4 by the iPhone 7 the Galaxy s5 is still on lollipop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    Search android stagefright.

And also Samsung has terrible bloat ware I had an S5

It had google music (can't delete) and Samsung music (can't delete)
    Same for videos pictures etc.

And to be fair iPhone 5 is 3 models behind 4 by the iPhone 7 the Galaxy s5 is still on lollipop
    Also two App Store google play and Samsung App Store

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.