Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got into Queen's University Belfast to study Politics even though I was a grade under (needed ABB, got ABC) and I was going to take a gap year out and repeat a few modules to bring the C up and apply for International Politics with Conflict Studies (also ABB).
    But now I'm thinking I'd be silly to pass up this opportunity, because I won't have to take a year out, but could I switch to International Politics with Conflict Studies at the start of second year or would I need the A-Level grades?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Rhiannnon)
    I got into Queen's University Belfast to study Politics even though I was a grade under (needed ABB, got ABC) and I was going to take a gap year out and repeat a few modules to bring the C up and apply for International Politics with Conflict Studies (also ABB).
    But now I'm thinking I'd be silly to pass up this opportunity, because I won't have to take a year out, but could I switch to International Politics with Conflict Studies at the start of second year or would I need the A-Level grades?
    Why not ask Queens NOW - you might be able to switch and start straight onto the course you want to (or they might be able to make it clear that a switch at any point wont be an option so at least you'd know that you would need to retake in a gap year to get onto the other course).

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.