Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ive just finished my gcses, and im going into a levels and i've never had a clue on what to do. it might sound a bit weird but i'm obsessed with noses i find it amazing how some noses are straight and some aren't. basically, what im trying to say it that i'd like to go into nose surgery as a career, could any of u give me advice on that?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by penelopecrux)
    ive just finished my gcses, and im going into a levels and i've never had a clue on what to do. it might sound a bit weird but i'm obsessed with noses i find it amazing how some noses are straight and some aren't. basically, what im trying to say it that i'd like to go into nose surgery as a career, could any of u give me advice on that?
    I don't have much advice, but that is a rather bizarre obsession. I'm going to move this sharpish to a better section, so people don't get mean about this.

Surgery to sort noses out?

ReputationRep:
    Rhinoplasty

ReputationRep:
    I think psychiatry might be a good pave to start. As a patient.

:p:

But seriously, there's s lot more to wanting to do surgery than liking noses. You need to be ok with the competitiveness, the hours, having the expectations of dozens of patients at once relying on you, not to mention likng what you actually do day to day (which is not just going to be chopping up patients all day every day)

If you're serious you need to do some preliminary research on a career in medicine, and get some work experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    I think psychiatry might be a good pave to start. As a patient.

:p:

But seriously, there's s lot more to wanting to do surgery than liking noses. You need to be ok with the competitiveness, the hours, having the expectations of dozens of patients at once relying on you, not to mention likng what you actually do day to day (which is not just going to be chopping up patients all day every day)

If you're serious you need to do some preliminary research on a career in medicine, and get some work experience
    would my results be okay for medicine?
    7A*s, 3As, 2Bs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penelopecrux)
    would my results be okay for medicine?
    7A*s, 3As, 2Bs
    theyre great results! do you mean plastic surgery by nose surgery?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rehmanator)
    theyre great results! do you mean plastic surgery by nose surgery?

thanks! yes exactly
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    What you need to look at is the path to your end goal; unfortunately this is a long one towards ENT surgery or Plastics surgery.

It takes around 10 years of training after university (in itself 5-6 years) to become a consultant in either (slightly longer for plastics). You will have to do most likely 2 degrees, sit numerous exams and be passionate about noses for the rest of your life. It is competitive, expensive and at times, depressing but nonetheless a rewarding and interesting career.

Consider doing some work experience to see if it's something you will like.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.