The Student Room Group

Can I convert incomplete HND into a HNC

I started a horticulture HND last September and passed all my subjects in the first year. However I have now changed my mind about continuing the second year and am going to do a degree in a different subject entirely.

What I want to know is - is half a HND equivalent to a whole HNC? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but somebody might just know.

Cheers
I'm not sure if you'd be able to, the best people to ask would be the college you're going to, as well as the examining body for your HND.

What subject did you want to apply for? Even though it's in a different subject you may still be able to provide the university with the information of the modules you did and and so on, if you contact the university you want to apply to and send them a transcript of what you got for the first year (as well as your other qualifications and if you have any work experience) they may give you an offer.

Call up your college first and ask them. Then call the examining body.

If they say you can't then call up the university you want to apply to, find out who to email about this and explain why you want to apply for that course, inform them of what you did in the first year and the results, etc.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
In theory this is possible. But it depends on a lot of things - they may have rearrange the course content, for example, so that you have covered some of the HND content already and not completed some of the HNC topics. You also may not have been assessed on the HNC guidelines, or may not have done enough assessed work.

So you'll need to ask your teacher to see if this would be possible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending