Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i am having something like a depression. watch

ReputationRep:
    so i had this girl i liked but it is a very weird situation she didnt say yes she didnt say no it is so weird and there is this girl that likes me but i dont wanna be with her cuz i feel like i still couldnt get over the one i love and that is a long story and it is bothering me a lot. from my igcses i didnt get the marks i have wanted and i feel bad about that, i am arguing with my mum too much these days and i havent seen friends since ages ago and i was trying to lose weight i couldnt lose as much as i wanted and urgh it is not the best time of my life. i am listening to slow sad musics all the time and being antisocial. all my life i met a lot of people made lots of friends and now after like may everything went wrong. HELP!

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing you're still quite young, i wouldn't worry about relationships at this point in your life. Focus on getting good grades in your GCSE and try to enjoy your life. You will meet someone in due time, naturally.

ReputationRep:
    i
    (Original post by Zeus007)
    I'm guessing you're still quite young, i wouldn't worry about relationships at this point in your life. Focus on getting good grades in your GCSE and try to enjoy your life. You will meet someone in due time, naturally.
    i have never been that guy who has like a lot of relationships or likes a lot of people. had a couple of relationships and it is the first time this is happening. i try to focus but just cant i dont know why it is so weird.

(Original post by adilbae)
    so i had this girl i liked but it is a very weird situation she didnt say yes she didnt say no it is so weird and there is this girl that likes me but i dont wanna be with her cuz i feel like i still couldnt get over the one i love and that is a long story and it is bothering me a lot. from my igcses i didnt get the marks i have wanted and i feel bad about that, i am arguing with my mum too much these days and i havent seen friends since ages ago and i was trying to lose weight i couldnt lose as much as i wanted and urgh it is not the best time of my life. i am listening to slow sad musics all the time and being antisocial. all my life i met a lot of people made lots of friends and now after like may everything went wrong. HELP!
    im gonna be honest, this is me too right now almost exactly. except im gonna be going off to uni next month so itll be more significant

ReputationRep:
    That's a lot going on so I think the first thing to do would be to separate it all- lumping all the stuff together can make it feel like you're tackling a mountain of problems whereas if you compartmentalize each thing it will feel a lot more manageable.

Did you ask out the girl you liked? I wouldn't worry about the other girl as you don't want to be with her anyway.

Your iGCSEs are all wrapped up and you probably are just being hard on yourself so just think about your next step now... are you starting AS levels? Loads of people (myself included) got much better grades at college than school anyway as the style of teaching is very different and it's a bit clearer what you're working towards (uni or a career).

In general it sounds like you're placing a lot of tough expectations on yourself, you're good enough as you are so maybe you just need to work on seeing yourself in a bit of a kinder light- get in touch with some of your friends and arrange a date to meet, seeing them will help you feel better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)
    That's a lot going on so I think the first thing to do would be to separate it all- lumping all the stuff together can make it feel like you're tackling a mountain of problems whereas if you compartmentalize each thing it will feel a lot more manageable.

Did you ask out the girl you liked? I wouldn't worry about the other girl as you don't want to be with her anyway.

Your iGCSEs are all wrapped up and you probably are just being hard on yourself so just think about your next step now... are you starting AS levels? Loads of people (myself included) got much better grades at college than school anyway as the style of teaching is very different and it's a bit clearer what you're working towards (uni or a career).

In general it sounds like you're placing a lot of tough expectations on yourself, you're good enough as you are so maybe you just need to work on seeing yourself in a bit of a kinder light- get in touch with some of your friends and arrange a date to meet, seeing them will help you feel better
    hey! thanks you for the comment i really appreciate it. yes i asked the girl she wasnt clear. we were at a camp and she just said ok goodnight and went to sleeping and like she was never in the last 2 of the 6 months we are talking 100% clear on her answers to anything so i dont know really i dont even know what we are now... maybe she is playing with me cuz one day i wake up to i love you one day i get a message of i cant meet with you so yeah... about the grades.. i put a lot of tough aims because i can achieve them and also my mum expects a lot from me and the whole family too.. also my sister went to MIT so the family is quite clever and i have the ability to do well. thank you very much! i will try to arrange something with friends. hope it really helps

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished my A Levels and I know exactly what you mean about parent pressure. My parents were the same, purely because they know that I can achieve high. but after all that pushing, I'm going to university to do nursing so I'm extremely grateful, but there was times when the pressure was too much and I thought they were just getting at me. I can tell you also, you're still very young and relationships will come and go, but you need to focus on yourself and your education. The right person will come to you in time. Be around your friends as much as possible because eventually you won't have the chance to.

Right now, in my opinion, the best thing for you to do is set your future vision and goals. Work towards them. I made a bucket list of things I want to do this year. Nothing big, just realistic things, like 'spend the afternoon in a coffee shop' or 'learn 10 new recipes'. I've been setting myself goals and doing little things that make me happy, and it's a great way of feeling that you've achieved something. From experience, the best thing is to focus on yourself and everything that's right for you, will come to you. Honestly, I believe everything happens for a reason and that you'll end up on the right path. hope this helps!x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Courtneyx1x)
    I've just finished my A Levels and I know exactly what you mean about parent pressure. My parents were the same, purely because they know that I can achieve high. but after all that pushing, I'm going to university to do nursing so I'm extremely grateful, but there was times when the pressure was too much and I thought they were just getting at me. I can tell you also, you're still very young and relationships will come and go, but you need to focus on yourself and your education. The right person will come to you in time. Be around your friends as much as possible because eventually you won't have the chance to.

Right now, in my opinion, the best thing for you to do is set your future vision and goals. Work towards them. I made a bucket list of things I want to do this year. Nothing big, just realistic things, like 'spend the afternoon in a coffee shop' or 'learn 10 new recipes'. I've been setting myself goals and doing little things that make me happy, and it's a great way of feeling that you've achieved something. From experience, the best thing is to focus on yourself and everything that's right for you, will come to you. Honestly, I believe everything happens for a reason and that you'll end up on the right path. hope this helps!x
    hey! thank you very much! actually my sister also mentioned similar things! i will definitely try the list, it sounds fun! hope you have the best of uni

ReputationRep:
    hey! thank you very much! actually my sister also mentioned similar things! i will definitely try the list, it sounds fun! hope you have the best of uni
    No problem, and I'm always a message away if you need anyone to talk to It is really fun. One of my things was to do something that terrifies me. Well I'm scared of deep waters and fish (also can't swim) and the other day, I went on a rowing boat out on a lake. Whilst I was absolutely terrified and felt like I was gonna die (due to anxiety), I still did it and when I got off the boat, I felt great and realised it wasn't that bad. I actually done something that put me way out of my comfort zone and I know many other people wouldn't have done that. I feel so much more determined and motivated to just put myself out there. It's also helped with my confidence loads too I hope it helps you like it's helped me! && thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    Breath and take a very large step back to see the bigger picture. The girl you think you love, I can guarantee you, you 99% likely did not love her, you just think you do. Girls will come and go, that's the sad truth. Give this girl a chance if there's a small part of you that likes her like that.
    Text a friend and ask them to meet up or how they are. you'll be starting school again soon anyway so you'll be busy again with friends and schoolwork which will take your mind off things hopefully.
    And the mum thing? Do little things around the house to help her out, she'll appreciate it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.