Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    any reasons anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Dazya has been playing with his toy again. Hopefully D will inform the police.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    any reasons anyone?
    Read the general chat forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beauford)
    Read the general chat forum.
    ah i am there now, oh dear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Dazya has been playing with his toy again. Hopefully D will inform the police.

What's this? Is he trying a DDos?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spider)
    Yeah he is using some DDos attack bot on IRC or somthing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spider)
    Looks more like he suceeded with a DDOS. The admin/owners may be better off launching a civil action against Dazyaa or whatever he is called. As he obviously controls a host of compromised machines, tracking him could prove very difficult, but if he has directly connected to this server without going via a proxy, there is enough public information to obtain the contact details for his ISP. In some cases, where you own your own domain/netblock the public details will list you!
    I know that any webserver looking up the details on the machine I use will be presented with my full name and address!

Once they have an ISP you could subpeona them for the phonenumber etc of who was connected at that time.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully D will inform the police.
    What, that UKL are facilitating the cheating and spreading of secret examination papers and are under fire from Edexcel? Ahh, i thought they might leave that out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    What, that UKL are facilitating the cheating and spreading of secret examination papers and are under fire from Edexcel? Ahh, i thought they might leave that out...
    Some of the cheating aspects is wrong, though course work downloading isn't ilegal, using it is. I am not saying I support it because I don't but the police are hardly likely to care.

And Edexcel were made to look very stupid over that exam business. How was it UKL's fualt that somebody posted it?

ReputationRep:
    How long ago did ukl come back up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    How long ago did ukl come back up?
    about an hour or so ago.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the cheating aspects is wrong, though course work downloading isn't ilegal, using it is. I am not saying I support it because I don't but the police are hardly likely to care.

And Edexcel were made to look very stupid over that exam business. How was it UKL's fualt that somebody posted it?
    So as I said, UKL are facilitating cheating - More importantly, they are aware of it and as yet haven't done anything to alter the situation.

"The police are hardly likely to care" - Ahh, what's more important, some kid cloggin up some server of a site under fire, or the widespread cheating of exams that has appeared on the news?

"How was it UKL's fualt that somebody posted it?" - I explained above. Also, how is it DazYa' fault that the moderating is wrong and shoddy and usually unjustified? They wouldn't reply to his concerns or at least attempt to implement them anyway (and Vienna95's and many others in the D&D forum), so how is the "you should have gone about this differently" argument any good?

If the mods infuriate people in the first place, then things like this wouldn't occur.

Remember Newton's 3rd Law - For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

ReputationRep:
    So as I said, UKL are facilitating cheating - More importantly, they are aware of it and as yet haven't done anything to alter the situation.

"The police are hardly likely to care" - Ahh, what's more important, some kid cloggin up some server of a site under fire, or the widespread cheating of exams that has appeared on the news?

"How was it UKL's fualt that somebody posted it?" - I explained above. Also, how is it DazYa' fault that the moderating is wrong and shoddy and usually unjustified? They wouldn't reply to his concerns or at least attempt to implement them anyway (and Vienna95's and many others in the D&D forum), so how is the "you should have gone about this differently" argument any good?

If the mods infuriate people in the first place, then things like this wouldn't occur.

Remember Newton's 3rd Law - For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

You just have a chip on your shoulder because you keep getting banned. Get over it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    You just have a chip on your shoulder because you keep getting banned. Get over it. :rolleyes:
    Right, so I take it you didn't read the post then.

ReputationRep:
    If you think UKL is in such a sad state, why keep coming back everytime you get banned?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I read the post. I've read rather too many of your bitter, moaning posts over the last few days, talking crap about the mods, and Cambridge and private schools, and people who want to do do further maths. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Only vienna95, endorf and myself make any sort of attempt to impliment any sort of changes to the style of moderation in a constructive manner. We attempted to identify what we thought was wrong, inform people in a correct fashion and too suggest possible changes that would improve the site for everyone. Comments from various people since have been totally out of proportion and without evidence (something that we gathered alot of). They do little to attempt to convice the mods as they do not do any of things identified in bold. These actions recently have not been committed with the sites best interests at heart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    Yes I read the post. I've read rather too many of your bitter, moaning posts over the last few days, talking crap about the mods, and Cambridge and private schools, and people who want to do do further maths. :rolleyes:
    Well don't read them then.

ReputationRep:
    Well don't read them then.
    Do the forum a favour and don't make them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    Only vienna95, endorf and myself make any sort of attempt to impliment any sort of changes to the style of moderation in a constructive manner. We attempted to identify what we thought was wrong, inform people in a correct fashion and too suggest possible changes that would improve the site for everyone. Comments from various people since have been totally out of proportion and without evidence (something that we gathered alot of). They do little to attempt to convice the mods as they do not do any of things identified in bold.
    Yes, good.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.