The Student Room Group

GCSE English language - to resit or not to resit advice please

Had my heart set on medicine for a few years now.
I'm just about to start year 12 studying chemistry, physics and biology A Levels.
I have already got some good work experience. Worked in a GP practice on a Saturday morning for a couple of years now. Have been volunteering at an adult learning Dis home and have worked as a volunteer on a hospital in Africa.

Just got my GCSE results and haven't done as well as I was predicted.
7A/A*s - biology, chemistry, physics, English lit, maths, philosophy & applied ethics, design & technology
3Bs - Spanish, music, geography
1C - English language

So you can see my problem......

Do I carry on with my English grade as it is or do I resist the exam in November and hope to get a B?
I can see there are universities who are okay with a C - I don't care where I go to be honest. But it's limited, lots more open if you have a B - but a lot don't take resists.
So what would your advice be?
In regards to re-sits, that may apply for A-level resits, I would check out which ones don't mind GCSE resits or email medical schools and ask them if they don't provide that information. If you stick with your C your options are more limited but you can still make a strong application if you have a high UKCAT/BMAT, good PS etc... :smile:
(congrats on your results anyway though those are really good GCSEs)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending