Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I plan to work in industry so I wanted to know which modules I should pick so I can get into a certain industry. For example I have heard that pharmaceutical industry is declining in the UK hence I should not do medicinal chemistry as the job market is poor for that branch of chemistry

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    bump bump

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't rule out pharmaceuticals if you're going to be at a very good university.

ReputationRep:
    Just do whatever modules you enjoy. If you try to do something you don't like you'll probably be crap at it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unkempt_One)
    I wouldn't rule out pharmaceuticals if you're going to be at a very good university.
    http://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/op1001676

This article has me thinking otherwise... :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    Green chemistry, renewable energy, clean catalysts, nanotechnology, more efficient batteries etc. Due to things like the Paris Agreement, governments are investing lots of money into these industries. So there is money to be made, and it'll be huge fulfilling knowing that it's beneficial to humanity.

ReputationRep:
    The fields that are in demand now may be very different to those which are available once you are qualified. It's at least 6 years to get a undergraduate degree and PhD (more likely closer to 10 if you do a bachelors + masters +PhD).

Just do what you enjoy.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by alow)
    Just do whatever modules you enjoy. If you try to do something you don't like you'll probably be crap at it.
    This^

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.