Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very cliched but I honestly think this could be the best one yet. Every club still has business to do whether it's players leaving or players joining.

After the last 3 which have consisted of the De Gea documents being late, Falcao turning up out of nowhere and fake lawyers trying to sign Herrera, i'll be relieved just to see United have a quiet one.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing will ever beat Balague saying 'imposters' on live TV. Nothing.

ReputationRep:
    I think Chelsea could be the late big movers on Deadline Day - it's clear they want to bring players in (defenders) and they've had bids for Koulibaly/Ramagnoli turned down so it depends on how desperate they get but the squad they have is more than enough for top four IMO so might be better off taking time to identify targets for next summer.

But still as fun seeing SSN hype it up all day and then it turning out into a damp squib as the January window was IIRC.

ReputationRep:
    Outgoing for Arsenal:

Sanogo - £84.2m to Lyon since Lacazzette is apparently injured

Debuchy - £50m to Juve

Incoming for Arsenal:

Bale - £100m
    Lewandowski - £85m

Watch this space.

ReputationRep:
    Fabinho could be an interesting one. United and Chelsea reportedly interested.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I'm gonna be at Sky Sports HQ on Transfer Deadline Day! I'm so excited! I'm literally going to do no work lol, just standing outside the studios looking at Jim White and Natalie Sawyer. Which also means I'll be the first to get the latest news so I'll try my best to post here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I'm gonna be at Sky Sports HQ on Transfer Deadline Day! I'm so excited! I'm literally going to do no work lol, just standing outside the studios looking at Jim White and Natalie Sawyer. Which also means I'll be the first to get the latest news so I'll try my best to post here!
    Lucky *******.
    Kate Abdo too.

ReputationRep:
    Joe Hart's loan move to Torino confirmed. He'll return to Man City as "Giuseppe Cervo" and everyone will be raving about him

ReputationRep:
    any big moves actually happening today? anything surprising for the big clubs? looks a bit dull tbh.

United - done,
    Liverpool - only outgoings
    Arsenal - done
    Man city - only outgoings

Looks like only chelsea and spurs may give us something to talk about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Joe Hart's loan move to Torino confirmed. He'll return to Man City as "Giuseppe Cervo" and everyone will be raving about him
    Sometimes I feel like he plays **** on purpose. Like the Bale freekick, I reckon i could've saved it

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea trying to get Luiz seems like a panic buy...

ReputationRep:
    I'm just praying that deadline day passes without any Sky reporters being violently assaulted again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    So what is the news?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    So what is the news?
    Lol fail, went home because I was tired. The studios is the building opposite where I work so I could only pop in during lunch and nothing was happening. They turned off the TV in the office too because everyone kept getting distracted. Though I did walk past one of the SSN presenters today, don't know her name though... Blonde girl, was wearing a red dress this morning. Has this fringe as well
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'll never understand teams who leave it until the last day to get business done.

ReputationRep:
    David Luiz back to chelsea!!!

ReputationRep:
    Adebayor, Adebayor,
    Used to play football, not any more.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Sissoko to Spurs for £30m is the definition of "panic buy"

I can't see how he even gets into their team once Dembele is back...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Sissoko to Spurs for £30m is the definition of "panic buy"

I can't see how he even gets into their team once Dembele is back...
    Yea not sure how he improves them. Surely they had enough cover in midfield?

ReputationRep:
    It seems there was a crazy end to the window with Daniel Levy - not for the first time - at the centre of it all. Eventually he stumped up the money for Sissoko but surprising Pochettino agreed to it. Not because Sissoko is overly disruptive (seems a challenge to manage) but his disappearing act for Newcastle over the last two years, so Pochettino must feel he can coax consistent performances out of him.

Wilshere to Bournemouth suggests former didn't fancy going to Italy (despite Roma, Milan wanting him) incase his career took a further step back if he didn't get game time or settle and best to stay in the PL.

Luiz to Chelsea - never would have imagined him as a defender to work under Conte yet like Pochettino, maybe he feels he can get something out of him that previous managers haven't and instill some defensive work ethic in him alongside his existing qualities. Yet wonder whether they would have been better to leave it till next summer with Zouma to return.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.