Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Part-time Student Brand Ambassador job at university? but never had a job before Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm going into my 2nd year of uni and I will be a student brand ambassador for a company, promoting a campaign of theirs through talks, stalls, social media and written content. I have never had a proper paid job before, only ever work experience at the maximum of one week. I am excited for this job and I know I can spread the campaign message well, but i'm just nervous about being in a work environment and not knowing how to handle myself in that situation. I have a training event in a few days and the thought of being in a room full of accomplished adults who know so much more than me is really scary.I'm just wondering if anyone who has been in a similar situation has any tips for how to do a job well and really impress?Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been one, but managed a lot of campus ambassadors at different universities.

I wouldn't worry about it too much - it sounds like you are being slightly over anxious about it. The training will make it clear is expected of you and pretty much everyone else at the training will be in the same situation as you.

The key things about campus ambassadors/managers are being a local expert and about managing the expectations of the company. You need to know what kind of promotion will/won't work for your specific university. You have to work out how you can get people to their events and how best to spread the word in what is a very competitive environment (hundreds of companies all trying to recruit the same students). You need to be honest with the organisation when you think thing might not work, but at the same time try and provide any solutions to improve the situation.

Make sure you are well organised and you keep a record of what you are doing. Some campus ambassadors are asked to write reports on what else has been happening on campus (competitor analysis) so if that is the case, make sure you spend time early on find out what's happening.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    Haven't been one, but managed a lot of campus ambassadors at different universities.

I wouldn't worry about it too much - it sounds like you are being slightly over anxious about it. The training will make it clear is expected of you and pretty much everyone else at the training will be in the same situation as you.

The key things about campus ambassadors/managers are being a local expert and about managing the expectations of the company. You need to know what kind of promotion will/won't work for your specific university. You have to work out how you can get people to their events and how best to spread the word in what is a very competitive environment (hundreds of companies all trying to recruit the same students). You need to be honest with the organisation when you think thing might not work, but at the same time try and provide any solutions to improve the situation.

Make sure you are well organised and you keep a record of what you are doing. Some campus ambassadors are asked to write reports on what else has been happening on campus (competitor analysis) so if that is the case, make sure you spend time early on find out what's happening.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much!! this is really helpful. I guess i am being a bit too anxious, it's only a few hours of training after all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.