Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've received my GCSE results this week and they were disappointing. I failed 3 subjects completely with E grades and got 6 C's and a B in the passes. This includes passes in English Language (higher level)and Maths (higher level). I did a lot of revision, lots of practice papers and then performed below my predictions. I'm not an A * student but I was predicted an A, Bs and C's. I always get on with my work but do find exams difficult. My school believe I'm still capable of doing 3 A levels and will support me closely with my learning to see where I must be going wrong.
    In addition my parents are insisting that I change schools and start 'fresh' as they believe the school should have identified I needed more support. I've been looking at new schools but they require a B grade in the A level subjects I want to study. My confidence has taken a real battering. I'm not a difficult student: I get on with my work as I know it has to be done and I've got good friends who are well behaved too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictoriaF)
    I've received my GCSE results this week and they were disappointing. I failed 3 subjects completely with E grades and got 6 C's and a B in the passes. This includes passes in English Language (higher level)and Maths (higher level). I did a lot of revision, lots of practice papers and then performed below my predictions. I'm not an A * student but I was predicted an A, Bs and C's. I always get on with my work but do find exams difficult. My school believe I'm still capable of doing 3 A levels and will support me closely with my learning to see where I must be going wrong.
    In addition my parents are insisting that I change schools and start 'fresh' as they believe the school should have identified I needed more support. I've been looking at new schools but they require a B grade in the A level subjects I want to study. My confidence has taken a real battering. I'm not a difficult student: I get on with my work as I know it has to be done and I've got good friends who are well behaved too.
    I agree with your mums point, however you will find most colleges want B grades at GCSE to continue at a level. Some just say B but in reality want A's. I think you are better off staying at your school, and they have offered to help you more which is even better. As for your GCSE's I wouldn't worry about them, they're not that important, unless your university requires GCSE grades and most if them don't I believe. The only ones that are important are English and maths which you need a Grade C or higher. And if your not even happy with the C's you should ask your school if you could resit for a higher grade.

Hope this helps

Pix

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. I meant to include in my post the question of me being able to achieve B grades at A level, obviously I will aim and would like As but after my GCSE results where I thought I'd done a lot better, I don't know. I'm going to use TSR a lot in the future that's for sure.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.