Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does technology tend to work or not work for you? watch

ReputationRep:
    For me I'm quite unlucky with bugs and things not working properly on Facebook, my phone etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    David's most posted threads:

bullying
    religion
    technology

ReputationRep:
    If it doesn't work you hit it with a hammer. If it is of bad quality it will smash.

That is coincidentally why your mother is always getting hammered and smashed. :awesome::banana2::bban:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ihatePE)

bullying
    religion
    technology
    Also rewording active threads to the opposite...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)

bullying
    religion
    technology
    You would have got an A* in davidguettafan studies too lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm hopeless without technology.

No technology = not being able to hear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimidPhoenix)
    I'm hopeless without technology.

No technology = not being able to hear
    I just wish technology were more reliable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I work perfectly find with technology, I think some people are just incapable of using it properly

ReputationRep:
    Always hate installing my printer whenever I get a new PC. Never straightforward.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You would be so screwed if you were a PC gamer

ReputationRep:
    Technology always works unless someone or something does something that would make it not work.

For example:
    If your computer was working until you had a power cut, that would probably be the thing that stopped it from working.
    If you switch your printer off at the wall every night, do not be surprised when you have to turn it back on at the wall to make it work again.
    If you installed a piece of software from softonic yesterday and now your computer has been infected with ransom-ware, have a guess at the place from which it came.
    If you kicked your computer because you thought 'boot-up' meant smash it to pieces with wellingtons on your feet, do not be surprised that it does not work.
    If you put your laptop on the photocopier and pressed 'scan', you will not have cleaned it of viruses.
    If you have Caps Lock on and you didn't when you set your password, do not be surprised when your password does not work.
    If you are e-mailing tech support to say that your internet is not working, unplug your computer, put it back in the box in which it came, and take it back to the shop from which you bought it; you do not deserve the use of such a marvel of modern engineering.

ReputationRep:
    I'm generally quite lucky. Nothing major's gone wrong with my technology, I'm hopeless if anything does though.

I know a fair amount about computers, I can build one fairly confidently. I think I'd be fine solving hardware related problems but anything software related, I'm screwed usually and have to ask/pay someone to help me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SummerStrawberry)
    Technology always works unless someone or something does something that would make it not work.

For example:
    If your computer was working until you had a power cut, that would probably be the thing that stopped it from working.
    If you switch your printer off at the wall every night, do not be surprised when you have to turn it back on at the wall to make it work again.
    If you installed a piece of software from softonic yesterday and now your computer has been infected with ransom-ware, have a guess at the place from which it came.
    If you kicked your computer because you thought 'boot-up' meant smash it to pieces with wellingtons on your feet, do not be surprised that it does not work.
    If you put your laptop on the photocopier and pressed 'scan', you will not have cleaned it of viruses.
    If you have Caps Lock on and you didn't when you set your password, do not be surprised when your password does not work.
    If you are e-mailing tech support to say that your internet is not working, unplug your computer, put it back in the box in which it came, and take it back to the shop from which you bought it; you do not deserve the use of such a marvel of modern engineering.
    So why does for example just now when I wrote on someone's Facebook timeline Using the iPhone app, why did it not post twice but only the third time? And it took ages the first 2 times to fail.

What caused that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    So why does for example just now when I wrote on someone's Facebook timeline Using the iPhone app, why did it not post twice but only the third time? And it took ages the first 2 times to fail.

What caused that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There was an error somewhere along the line that meant that the post didn't go through. Your signal wasn't strong enough. Their servers were busy. The packet loss was too high. There's a plethora of reasons, but they everything has a cause, often quite a small and seemingly insignificant one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SummerStrawberry)
    There was an error somewhere along the line that meant that the post didn't go through. Your signal wasn't strong enough. Their servers were busy. The packet loss was too high. There's a plethora of reasons, but they everything has a cause, often quite a small and seemingly insignificant one.
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It only breaks if you don't know how to fix it, see if you can fix it, it won't break

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.