Turn on thread page Beta

I can't get a job!!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I can't get a job anywhere i applied at stores in walsall and the bullring in birmingham but there seems to be no vacancies and i already have retail experience. It is so unfair i been spending hours looking for a job does anyone know any jobs going in walsall town centre or birmingham bullring or city centre please tell me!!!
    ta xxxxx:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Join the club, love.

Lots of people are looking for jobs, it's difficult. Anyone who gets a job straight away is extremely lucky! Just be persistent and keep trying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomgirl)
    Join the club, love.

Lots of people are looking for jobs, it's difficult. Anyone who gets a job straight away is extremely lucky! Just be persistent and keep trying
    I second that!

I've 3 previous jobs so have plenty of work experience and I've been job searching with no luck for aggggggggges now.

Just keep going, even when youre fed up-don't give up

ReputationRep:
    You're not the only one. It seems to be the worst year ever for getting jobs.

ReputationRep:
    Same urrrrrrrrgh! people dont want u espically wen ur goin to uni in september. I applied for a job in my local hospital but this was like 2 months ago and i only just got an interview, had it on monday. im getting seriously worried as i dont have anything saved for uni and i hope they let me start soonish as im really bored and need the money 100%

ReputationRep:
    Tried looking none retail, factory/warehouse/labour?

Your not the only one...........

Keep trying though

As the saying goes ''If at first you dont succeed, try and try again''...................

ReputationRep:
    Call up natwest or RBS for instant telephone interview. Go on the site and browse, you'll find the number.

Good Luck.

ReputationRep:
    hey cheers am going to try and get into natwest through a friend though hopefully i should get in

ReputationRep:
    Snap here.

Have been looking for work for the past four months. Nothing.

I need money =)

ReputationRep:
    www.unitemps.com - they often have some temp jobs in brimingham.

Apart from that, summer is the worst time for trying to get a part time job so you may not have much luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spark911)
    Tried looking none retail, factory/warehouse/labour?
    Exactly. All this BS about 'I can't get a job anywhere' is just that....rubbish. Go to a temp firm and you can get manual labour work within days, often with no interview. If I can do it anyone can.

ReputationRep:
    If your looking for retail work then this is possibly the worst time to apply, their vacancies are all full up with summer temps etc, so its a bit of a pain in the ass. I'm in your posistion.. and I suggest you wait til' September when they start taking on for Christmas temps, it aint all that long away and I'm sure you'll have more luck and might even be kept on afterwards!

ReputationRep:
    Weyhey!!! Ive been looking for a job since my exams ended but nobody wants me Got a text last night from my friend sayin shes down the pub if i wanted to join her, even tho im scint i agreed. The barman asked me what i wanted and i replied 'a coke (was driving) and a job please' and after a few questions iv now got a job there and its a really nice and lively pub!!!! Result

So dont give up hope yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black_mamba)
    Exactly. All this BS about 'I can't get a job anywhere' is just that....rubbish. Go to a temp firm and you can get manual labour work within days, often with no interview. If I can do it anyone can.
    With all due respect, this might be true in London, but it's not so simple in rural areas where some of us are looking with no success.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizj)
    With all due respect, this might be true in London, but it's not so simple in rural areas where some of us are looking with no success.
    Yeah, its true. My town has nothing. I'm signed up with loads of agencies, but nothing. But people also need to try it, and not just apply to retail.

ReputationRep:
    It's annoying...especially when other can't understand how and why u can't get a job, but they can. aaarrrggghh.i need a job. not jst cos of the money but the experience. i hvnt worked in 2 years... that's a long time. DAMN!! i wish i worked while i was in college. too late now.

ReputationRep:
    ive joined brookestreet agencie
    and they text you with random temp work
    really goood

ReputationRep:
    The easiest way to get a job, is too apply to a local mc donalds!

ReputationRep:
    AAARGGHH i dnt wanna work in macdonalds, BK, KFC n co...naahhh

the thing with agencies is u have to give them a certain percentage of whatever u earn. i dnt wanna be sharing my pay....lol.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.