Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,
    I Got my AS level Results!
    I am planning to apply to UCL,KCL,LSE,St.Andrews,Durham,Su rrey, Edinburgh,Bristol,Manchester,Que en Mary and Glasgow to study Economics /Econ & MGT/Econ & Finance (Depends on the availability of the course) .
    My scores were(IAL Examination)
    100/100 for Economics and Business Unit 2
    87/100 Business Unit 1
    78/100 Economics Unit 1
    61.3% For Accounting
    69% for S1
    68.5% for C12

My Overall grades were
    A for Business Studies and Economics
    C for Maths( Just 1.3% Marks less for a B) and Accounting

Please let me your opinions and from which universities can I expect an offer!

Thank You!

ReputationRep:
    Business Economics and Accounting?
    bad combination

ReputationRep:
    Well you can only apply to five. Your subject choices may work against you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    Well you can only apply to five. Your subject choices may work against you too
    Thanks for the prompt reply mate!
    Which Unis you recommend me to apply and has high possibility of acceptance!
    Thank You!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    Business Economics and Accounting?
    bad combination
    Thanks for the prompt reply mate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VNR19)
    Hi Guys,
    I Got my AS level Results!
    I am planning to apply to UCL,KCL,LSE,St.Andrews,Durham,Su rrey, Edinburgh,Bristol,Manchester,Que en Mary and Glasgow to study Economics /Econ & MGT/Econ & Finance (Depends on the availability of the course) .
    My scores were(IAL Examination)
    100/100 for Economics and Business Unit 2
    87/100 Business Unit 1
    78/100 Economics Unit 1
    61.3% For Accounting
    69% for S1
    68.5% for C12

My Overall grades were
    A for Business Studies and Economics
    C for Maths( Just 1.3% Marks less for a B) and Accounting

Please let me your opinions and from which universities can I expect an offer!

Thank You!
    Just saying now that Uni's like KCL, UCL and LSE require an A* in mathematics and a few others want an A in maths, and don't have other preferred a-level choices apart from at least 1 traditional, which you have.

Im on a similar boat here about the choices and uni's at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ze Witcher)
    Just saying now that Uni's like KCL, UCL and LSE require an A* in mathematics and a few others want an A in maths, and don't have other preferred a-level choices apart from at least 1 traditional, which you have.

I understand!, Which unis who would personally recommend me to apply? How was your subject combination and AS level result!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ze Witcher)

Business, Economics and Maths are under preferred subject Category.
    Only Accounts isn't there mate!
    https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-st...level-subjects
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VNR19)
    I understand!, Which unis who would personally recommend me to apply? How was your subject combination and AS level result!
    Im not so sure, depends on your targets. I would say Uni's like Surrey/Manchester/Exeter/Maybe Warwick/Bath. I've been looking at Queen mary and I'm not so sure about them, although they are a Russel Uni, they're not really a 'business' Uni's. I'm considering on looking at City Uni as they have strong links to the City compared to Queens. As for me I couldn't study Economics/Business/Accounting at my sixth form as they didn't offer it but thankfully it didn't affect me. I'm doing Math/Chemistry and Product Design and got AAA in AS and I'm considering picking up FM for next year. I've emailed some Uni's like Bath and they've said they'd accept me if I was to have a good personal statement/referenc eetc... Although despite this I'm also looking into Account & Finance course along side Econ & Finance

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.