The Student Room Group

Does resitting GCSE exams affect my chances of getting higher professions like medici

So I'd like to study medicine in the future
So I need to resit my Maths due to it being grade D

And also my English for it being grade c

But I'm not sure if resitting exams will affect to study the profession in medicine :/
Id say resitting and doing better will do more to help you than it will to harm you. Medicine is one of the most competitive degrees and a D in maths would hurt your chances quite a bit if i were to guess.

tbh I'm not even convinced people actually notice you resat a year later. I mean, you have to declare it but i doubt people even check when you got the results and probably just look at the grades.
Reply 2
Original post by Princess28181
So I'd like to study medicine in the future
So I need to resit my Maths due to it being grade D

And also my English for it being grade c

But I'm not sure if resitting exams will affect to study the profession in medicine :/

It won't really affect you, but if in the future you are asked about why you did retake maths just give the person a valid reason.

I would say the chance of someone asking for why you retook maths is about 5% :biggrin:.

Good luck with Maths.
You'll have to check whether or not the universities accept resits. Edinburgh medical school is one that doesn't. Others might be the same.
You dont need to resit english- i mean its up to you but it isnt necessary especially for medicine so if youre doing it for medecine's sake and no other reason, then ithere is really no need. If you enjoy amd want to take it into a level then go ahead and retake!

Quick Reply

Latest