The Student Room Group

Anyone Else Excited To Go Back To School?

As the next academic year is rapidly approaching, I wanted to ask you guys if you're excited to go back to school, and why or why not? I'm really excited because we're getting mostly new teachers and I'm starting my GCSEs. :h:

Scroll to see replies

Good luck.
I'm pleased that I'm not the only one! I've just finished by GCSEs, so I'm starting A-Levels in September. Whilst I'm slightly apprehensive, 11 weeks is a loooooooooooong time away from school and I just want to have something to do again!
Im looking forward to it but im scared that I've forgotten everything that I need to know for A-Levels ):
Not really lmao. Finished my GCSEs exams from 17th June,and I need like 2 more months of sleep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JourneyToSuccess
As the next academic year is rapidly approaching, I wanted to ask you guys if you're excited to go back to school, and why or why not? I'm really excited because we're getting mostly new teachers and I'm starting my GCSEs. :h:

Same! What options?
Original post by JourneyToSuccess

Excited?? I'll be excited when this next year is over 😂 @ChallengeLover

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep because then i can get on with A2, dont get me wrong ive been getting on with it all summer but i just want to do next year (hopefully) get the grades i need then **** off to uni away from everything.
plus i like my sixthform suits so :sexface:

Good luck with your GCSEs :yes: x
Yep, I'll be starting A-Levels so I'm pretty excited to be ditching subjects I hated (Spanish!) and doing ones I actually enjoy. Although it would be nice to have another month off lol. And good luck with GCSEs!
I need to get year 13 over with, but nope im not looking forward to school! When do you guys start school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, but only because I don't have to go back to my old secondary school :biggrin: Quite scared to start A-levels though..
Cos I'm starting A2 - arguably a v hard and v stressful year - I'm sort of in a state of "noooooo why can't this summer be infinite"
But because I'm doing the subjects I love the most and will get to see my awesome friends more often than the occasional weekend cos they're all on holiday :I I can't wait :excited:
Original post by frankielogue
Same! What options?

I'm doing Triple Science, Computer Science, Geography, French and Further Maths (plus Maths, English Literature, English Language and Religious Studies), you? :h:
Ngl I'm actually excited to go back into year 13. Not because of the work but I just want a routine back into my life and to also see my friends
I'm anxious, I'm going uni year 11 aswell. I just want good results so I can happily go into collage/sixth form with the right mentality. Dreading it though 🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm anxious, I'm going into year 11 aswell. I just want good results so I can happily go into collage/sixth form with the right mentality. Dreading it though 🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going into year 12 and I'm quite excited. I chose subjects I really enjoy/am interested in/want a career in so that's exciting! Good to get rid of maths and science :smile: I'm hoping I'll enjoy sixth form soon as I chose subjects I really like. I'm a bit fed up of the holidays now and I would love some routine back because I feel like I haven't been at school in forever!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Prosenior
I'm anxious, I'm going into year 11 aswell. I just want good results so I can happily go into collage/sixth form with the right mentality. Dreading it though 🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Year 11 was actually one of my favourite years! If you are keeping the same teachers/classes as last year you have a great relationship with them by the end of year 11. It's great being older than the rest of the school also. It's a fun year - enjoy the good bits!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Excited isn't the word. I feel ready :u:

Quick Reply

Latest