Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, UCAS sent me the electronic letter on my UCAS account to confirm that I have got a place at Jordanstown for Social Policy (this is my insurance choice because I did not meet the grades for my firm choice). My question is, do i just wait for the university to contact me with my starting date etc because I rang the university on my results day to confirm that I had met my grades but the woman said that I just have to wait now for the university to contact me. However, they still haven't contacted me. I'm staying at home this year, travelling because it is my first year. Is anyone else doing the same course as me this year? If you are, have the university contacted you yet to give you a start date etc. Sorry, i'm just panicking as this will be my first year at university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJMcM)
    So, UCAS sent me the electronic letter on my UCAS account to confirm that I have got a place at Jordanstown for Social Policy (this is my insurance choice because I did not meet the grades for my firm choice). My question is, do i just wait for the university to contact me with my starting date etc because I rang the university on my results day to confirm that I had met my grades but the woman said that I just have to wait now for the university to contact me. However, they still haven't contacted me. I'm staying at home this year, travelling because it is my first year. Is anyone else doing the same course as me this year? If you are, have the university contacted you yet to give you a start date etc. Sorry, i'm just panicking as this will be my first year at university.
    Hi there, you will be invited to attend the induction week at the Uni, think it's 19th Sept this year! Where are you travelling from?

ReputationRep:
    I'll be travelling from Downpatrick, and thank you, finally got in touch with the university so everything is going good hehe

ReputationRep:
    I'll be going to the University for induction/registration days on the 21st and 22nd of September 😃😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJMcM)
    I'll be going to the University for induction/registration days on the 21st and 22nd of September 😃😊
    Hello. I know it's still early days, but how are you finding the course?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.