Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone else who can't wait for winter fashion? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinelem)
    You know, I don't like the colour black and am too tall to be called petite but that coat is really quite chique.

It comes in regular, too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopymeg)

It comes in regular, too...
    Just spotted that about an hour ago. :five: And a size 6 too!:yy:

ReputationRep:
    First I can't wait to wear all my new summer clothes on holiday, then I can't wait for winter fashion!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hang_your_heart)
    First I can't wait to wear all my new summer clothes on holiday, then I can't wait for winter fashion!
    :ditto: to that, I feel like I have barely broken out my summer stuff!

I do prefer winter clothing to summer though: scarves, tights with boots, jeans in boots, nice coats, gloves, hats, jumpers....

Someone mentioned earmuffs, I thought about buying a pair :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The One and Only Lady Jennington)
    I absolutely adore winter, especially posh winter coats with big buttons and knee high boots
    Me too, me too! I just love coats - I think they might be my favourite item of clothing, particularly when you wear them with a skirt underneath so you can only see tights. Coats are somehow much more classy than other items of clothing; you can look good in them even if you're having a scabby day. I try to buy one new one every year in a classic style - so far I've done white, navy, black, black 'duvet coat', brown trench and pillbox red (all double breasted, really don't like other styles) and I'm looking for a grey one this winter!

ReputationRep:
    I wish the stores where I live would still SELL winter fashion, really cold here!

ReputationRep:
    I seriously cant wait..i love the dark tights boots and cadigans arghhhh...and im stuck in cyprus for the summer where its about 100 degrees.......bring on winter xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hang_your_heart)
    Me too, me too! I just love coats - I think they might be my favourite item of clothing, particularly when you wear them with a skirt underneath so you can only see tights. Coats are somehow much more classy than other items of clothing; you can look good in them even if you're having a scabby day. I try to buy one new one every year in a classic style - so far I've done white, navy, black, black 'duvet coat', brown trench and pillbox red (all double breasted, really don't like other styles) and I'm looking for a grey one this winter!
    I adore double breasted coats, I have classic black one with a suit type collar and I've had it since I was 14, I really want a winter white one with a rounded collar but it depends on funds. I always feel smart if I'm wearing my winter coat!

ReputationRep:
    I've started buying already

I got a lovely wool scarf in the Harrods sale today - £120 down to £20 :eek:

ReputationRep:
    CREAM JUMPERS!! There's just something soooo cosy and comforting about a cream jumper that no other colour can do
    And loopymeg, Duo boots look fab! I've had my heart set on these for almost a year now- I've never owned a pair of boots as my feet are too narrow and so are my calves...bit steep on the price side though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redballoons)
    CREAM JUMPERS!! There's just something soooo cosy and comforting about a cream jumper that no other colour can do
    And loopymeg, Duo boots look fab! I've had my heart set on these for almost a year now- I've never owned a pair of boots as my feet are too narrow and so are my calves...bit steep on the price side though
    Like you, I struggle to find a pair of boots to fit properly because I have small feet, short legs and large muscley calves I normally wouldn't be able to get anywhere near Duo boots but my Dad offered to buy me a pair for my birthday :angel:
    Those Kirov ones are really nice, they caught my eye when I was first looking at the boots. Although since I was looking for some everyday ones, I got the Malmo ones ;yes; Sooooo comfy

ReputationRep:
    Some of those Duo boots are absolutely gorgeous :love: If I was a woman, I'd get some straight away.

ReputationRep:
    I bought a military blue wool swing jacket style coat last week, I absolutely adore it and I want to to be winter now so that I can wear it.

ReputationRep:
    ma thread had a revival, i feels:proud:

ReputationRep:
    This week I brought a blue trench coat and some brown suede-effect over knee boots which I love soooo much.

Also a purple and green paisley dress to go with the boots and brown tights...roll on Autumn!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't lived in the UK for very long so am just getting around the concept of winter.

What exactly 'is' a trench coat? Is it just something for autumn/spring or can I wear it in December too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Am I the only one?

Tell us your fave item of wintery clothing!
    Ah, I'm not a huge fan of winter clothing, I find jumpers restrictive and keep getting into trouble because I want to be warm outside, but it's warm inside etc.
    What I do like about winter though is scarves! I just love interesting scarves!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopymeg)
    Like you, I struggle to find a pair of boots to fit properly because I have small feet, short legs and large muscley calves I normally wouldn't be able to get anywhere near Duo boots but my Dad offered to buy me a pair for my birthday :angel:
    Those Kirov ones are really nice, they caught my eye when I was first looking at the boots. Although since I was looking for some everyday ones, I got the Malmo ones ;yes; Sooooo comfy
    That's exactly the same as me..

Since you recommended Duo boots, i thought i'd check them out, and i've fallen in love with 2 of them. But they are seriously out of my budget, and i have no money left.. :argh:

I love these..
    Duo Boots - Kirov
    Duo Boots - Moselle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seema135)
    That's exactly the same as me..

Since you recommended Duo boots, i thought i'd check them out, and i've fallen in love with 2 of them. But they are seriously out of my budget, and i have no money left.. :argh:

I love these..
    Duo Boots - Kirov
    Duo Boots - Moselle
    Ooo, pwetty

If you find some money for a pair of Duo's, then make sure that you send them an email first just to check the height of the boot, because since you're like me with short legs, you may find some styles are still too long.

ReputationRep:
    Me too! I love winter fashion, getting to snuggle up in coats and scarves etc, cosy jumpers and all that jazz. Bring on winter

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.