Turn on thread page Beta

Mobile phone problems watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have had my Siemens SL55 phone for a year. Switched it on this morning as usual, and my entire phone book has disappeared :eek: I didn't delete it or do anything different to normal, and my call lists (missed/received/dialled) and texts are still there. Anyone know why in the world this might have happened and if there's any way I can recover it? 100+ numbers I have no other way of getting hold of... :mad:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Did you drop it?

I dropped my Sony Ericsson T610, and it forgot all of the words I'd taught it

ReputationRep:
    Siemen make notoriously unreliable phones, you never know what to expect with them.

BTW: Does anyone know what the message centre number is for Vodaphone? Is it the same for all mobiles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Siemen make notoriously unreliable phones, you never know what to expect with them.

BTW: Does anyone know what the message centre number is for Vodaphone? Is it the same for all mobiles.

ReputationRep:
    ??? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juno_the)
    Did you drop it?

I dropped my Sony Ericsson T610, and it forgot all of the words I'd taught it
    Nope, nothing like that. It's had a few glitches recently where buttons have randomly stopped working and then started again but I don't think I've done anything to it.

So I'm discovering

ReputationRep:
    So can anyone who is on Vodaphone tell me what the message centre number is?

ReputationRep:
    So can anyone who is on Vodaphone tell me what the message centre number is?
    +6421600600

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    +6421600600
    Cheers man.

ReputationRep:
    Did you save the contacts on your sim's memory or to the phones memory? If its to the sim memory contact your operator, because they actually keep your phone list on their systems sometimes, worth a try i suppose!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jak)
    Did you save the contacts on your sim's memory or to the phones memory? If its to the sim memory contact your operator, because they actually keep your phone list on their systems sometimes, worth a try i suppose!
    Thanks for the tip jak The contacts were split between both sim memory and phone memory, which is why I just don't understand them all disappearing together!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    I have had my Siemens SL55 phone for a year. Switched it on this morning as usual, and my entire phone book has disappeared :eek: I didn't delete it or do anything different to normal, and my call lists (missed/received/dialled) and texts are still there. Anyone know why in the world this might have happened and if there's any way I can recover it? 100+ numbers I have no other way of getting hold of... :mad:
    God them phones are awkward, the menu's are crap. Anyway, try going into your phone and checking the phone numbers, there are two ways of storing your numbers, on the phone or on the sim. what is sounds like is that you've changed the setting's so that it doesn' read the numbers from either the sim or phone. Just check to see where your numbers are stored, failing that the software on the phone may be old, and unstable.

ReputationRep:
    God them phones are awkward, the menu's are crap. Anyway, try going into your phone and checking the phone numbers, there are two ways of storing your numbers, on the phone or on the sim. what is sounds like is that you've changed the setting's so that it doesn' read the numbers from either the sim or phone. Just check to see where your numbers are stored, failing that the software on the phone may be old, and unstable.
    Thanks very much for the advice There are 2 options under the contacts menu, one sim-based, one phone-based, but I've tried switching between them and both are just saying "Book empty" when I try to open them, so I think the numbers must be well and truly gone for some unknown reason.

Weirdly, though, you can store people's birthdays alongside their numbers in the phonebook and it'll cross-reference them with the calendar - and all the birthdays are still coming up on the calendar even though there are now no names in the phone book :confused:

Piece of s**t

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    Thanks very much for the advice There are 2 options under the contacts menu, one sim-based, one phone-based, but I've tried switching between them and both are just saying "Book empty" when I try to open them, so I think the numbers must be well and truly gone for some unknown reason.

Weirdly, though, you can store people's birthdays alongside their numbers in the phonebook and it'll cross-reference them with the calendar - and all the birthdays are still coming up on the calendar even though there are now no names in the phone book :confused:

Piece of s**t
    Have you another mobile phone? Place your sim in it, and see if you can copy your numbers across. It may be a fault with the phone itself.

Does anyone know whether the 7250i has a composer? Can't seem to find one. It won't let me send picture messages either, keeps sayning 'check multimedia settings'. Is there a simple solution?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebladez777)
    Does anyone know whether the 7250i has a composer? Can't seem to find one. It won't let me send picture messages either, keeps sayning 'check multimedia settings'. Is there a simple solution?
    What network are you on? You need the MMS and GPRS settings sent to your phone, with regards to the composer I'm not too sure.

What network are you on? You need the MMS and GPRS settings sent to your phone, with regards to the composer I'm not too sure.
    Vodafone. Does it cost anything to get them sent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebladez777)
    Vodafone. Does it cost anything to get them sent?
    For your GPRS settings go to:

http://wapota.vizzavi.co.uk/dms/cm?p...ef&Rebrand=yes

ReputationRep:
    For your GPRS settings go to:

http://wapota.vizzavi.co.uk/dms/cm?p...ef&Rebrand=yes
    Alternatively go into Phones4U or the Vodafone shop, and ask them to send you your MMS and GPRS settings, what happens is a text message is sent to your phone, and when you open them, you are prompted as to whether you want the settings saved, choose yes. It's free.

Though be aware that the sending of picture messages to other netwroks isn't 100% up an running yet.

Cheers

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.